Disable IR for DH-SD59225U-HNI ?

Reaction score
Hi,

I live in Iceland and I'm new to the Dahua universe. I purchased this camera ( DH-SD59225U-HNI ) for surveillance purposes in my summer house but also as a way to spy on the local Volcano (yes, Volcano ;-) ) as it may erupt in the coming years and it would certainly be a good bonus to get some footage.

Another added bonus is that we have some cool northern lights these days (Aurora Borealis) and I logged on to the camera last night to see them, it worked, but only in B&W as the IR was running. It would be nice if I could turn off the IR as it may pickup some colors since the sensor is rather sensitive.

I have done some searching online and I can´t find any way to disable the IR, but I previously owned a similar dome camera (not HD) and in that camera I could access hidden menus by invoking preset 800, 801 and so on. Is there something similar available for the Dahua cameras, or alternatively just a good way to access hidden settings ?

I know that I could possibly disable the IR by taking it apart and unplugging, but that is not something I am willing to do.

This is the view of the Hekla volcano in Iceland. Just image fire and brimstone coming out of it :)

14379592_10209516320640321_1600749741557015442_o.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your not wanting to shut the IR off, I promice its not doing anything looking at the sky.. your wanting to put it back into day/color mode.. which probably wont be as nice as you think unless you go in and really max out the exposures.. attached is sample from my PTZ w/the longest exposures I could accomplish at night.

simple, Setup -> Camera -> Conditions -> Profile Management -> Full Time -> Always Enable: DAY

Attachments

Koala

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone share on how the IR works?
Is it activated based on the small light sensor? Or it is activated based on clock/time?
Another thing is whether this camera has IR cut filter?

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone share on how the IR works?
Is it activated based on the small light sensor? Or it is activated based on clock/time?
Another thing is whether this camera has IR cut filter?
Yes on the IR cut.
The IR comes on when the cam switches into night mode at sunset.