Different firmware for iDS-2CD7A46G0/P-IZHSY

Reaction score
Hello

Hikvision allows to download 2 brances of firmware

5.5 (5.5.130) and 5.7 (5.7.80)

Can someone please tell, what is the difference between these 2 versions?

Thanks,
G

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You really need to be asking yourself why are you updating? If it is just for grins and giggles or OCD behavior to be running the latest firmware, think twice.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need or bricks the camera. In most instances, updates are simply security vulnerability patches (usually years after the breach was found), but since we do not give our cameras internet access, the update is useless to us.

Here are issues I have seen people report here where they were upgrading just for the sake of upgrading:
  • A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind.
  • The Dahua 49225 and 49425 PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind.
  • The Hikvision DS-2DEA425IW-DW PTZ that loses autotracking with an update comes to mind.
  • A Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen.
  • A Hikvision ANPR DS-2CD4A26FWD camera that lost all ability to read plates - kinda makes the camera useless.
  • A Hikvision camera that the user lost ability to control the LED light function at night.
  • A Hikvision wifi camera that loses the ability to use wifi after a firmware update.
  • Dahua 5442 that will not allow playback of the SD card.
  • Countless other instances where the camera or NVR simply bricked and became useless.
  • Countless examples where the camera or NVR went into Chinese.
Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1660570544300.png

Reaction score
You really need to be asking yourself why are you updating? If it is just for grins and giggles or OCD behavior to be running the latest firmware, think twice.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need or bricks the camera. In most instances, updates are simply security vulnerability patches (usually years after the breach was found), but since we do not give our cameras internet access, the update is useless to us.

Here are issues I have seen people report here where they were upgrading just for the sake of upgrading:
  • A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind.
  • The Dahua 49225 and 49425 PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind.
  • The Hikvision DS-2DEA425IW-DW PTZ that loses autotracking with an update comes to mind.
  • A Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen.
  • A Hikvision ANPR DS-2CD4A26FWD camera that lost all ability to read plates - kinda makes the camera useless.
  • A Hikvision camera that the user lost ability to control the LED light function at night.
  • A Hikvision wifi camera that loses the ability to use wifi after a firmware update.
  • Dahua 5442 that will not allow playback of the SD card.
  • Countless other instances where the camera or NVR simply bricked and became useless.
  • Countless examples where the camera or NVR went into Chinese.
Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

View attachment 136734
The question was about feature's difference between 5.5 and 5.7 firmware. Both seems to be maintained in parallel.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I get that, but then you read the notes on the update and it says:
  • Fixed the issue that IPC failed to connect directly to NVR through POE
  • Fixed some bugs
So are you having any issues with the camera? If not, don't risk it. Look in my list of folks that have come here after updating an ANPR camera from Hikvision and the update lost the ability to read plates and they couldn't go back to the previous firmware...

If you do not know specifically what the firmware is intending to fix, such as they don't provide release notes or the notes do not mention fixing a problem you are having, the risk is too great if you have a working camera!

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its the hardware revision differences

One is C and other non C model. Due to the chip shortage you have 2 models with different hardware that require different firmware structure that can run.
But they should have same features.

camerafool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm just a few days into setting up a iDS-2CD7A46G0/P-IZHSY. My camera came new from BH with firmware V5.7.80 build 220610. I don't see any firmware upgrade provision on either page now:

or

ms8484

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm just a few days into setting up a iDS-2CD7A46G0/P-IZHSY. My camera came new from BH with firmware V5.7.80 build 220610. I don't see any firmware upgrade provision on either page now:

or
Hello, just bought same model , and i am looking for exactly this build You posted. Where i can download from this build ?

camerafool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure I understand your question about build. My PC is an i9 running BlueIris. The camera (hikvision iDS-2CD7A46G0/P-IZHSY) has developed a IR filter sticking problem. My solution is currently to leave it in b/w night mode 24/7. Setting up the detection zone in the camera's software was a little tricky especially in my use case that is slightly outside the recommended angles.