Didn't send us plug

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nvr arrived today with non us plug. Rather than wait for another from china can I use a spare cord lying around? Back of adaptor says input 100-240v 1.5a max. Now the plug they sent shows 10a 250v. I'm assuming the adapter regulates all of that. I've found 7a 125v cords that fit. Am I safe doing this?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Generally speaking, the label on the cord itself is the max safe current and amps that it was tested and passed for. The nvr power supply should regulate what it needs assuming the plug end fits the power supply. Just make sure you are not mixing a 120v and 240v power supply with power supplied to it. I assume you are US based (PA) so just look to see if the nvr power supply has a switch to change between 120v and 240v and set it to 120v for US. Otherwise, if your cord is rated for more than the power supply needs go plug it in :)

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ruppmeister this is the power supply. Good to go? No switches anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes. That is a switching power supply and should work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since it looks to be a two piece design. What does it look like where you plug the cord end into? Just like laptops and such you can use about any cord to go from the power brick to your wall outlet. Most the time they are Computer/Monitor ect style plug ends that work fine.

The problems sometimes are between the brick and the device but if the plugs match and the output ratings match you can use different (maybe better quality) bricks.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used an old laptop cord I believe. It powered up.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I had that happen before with Hikivison NVR, I simply disputed the price difference and bought my own.