Detect/Ignore Static Objects

stev067

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I'm really trying to figure out what is going on with Deepstack. I found a consistent repeatable thing that I feel may be an issue, and I wonder if anyone else can confirm this behavior on their end. The detect/ignore static objects seems to only function consistently on the very first trigger after the system is booted (or the camera connection is restarted, say by saving settings on it). On many subsequent triggers, these non-moving objects are no longer identified as static. I attached 2 screenshots, where I manually triggered. The first one is right after a reboot, and you can see it correctly identified that all detected objects were static. The second screenshot is just a few minutes later, also manually triggered. It still detects the objects, but doesn't identify them as being static. Am I looking at this wrong? I believe this is the reason why I can't have "Car" as a confirmation, because there is almost always a parked car in the shot.
static objects - 1.pngstatic objects - 2.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out if DS running off my GPU because the CPU usage and memory usage is up there again.
I only turned AI on 4 cameras

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you install the GPU version or the CPU version? If you watch in resource to monitor python.exe you'll see python.exe. using ~10% of the CPU when it is detecting if you're on the GPU version and 30% or more on the CPU version.