Delay in video Longse cam, What could be the cause?

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, Jut got some dome cameras in from Longse. Noticed a small delay in hand movement. These are going in a studio recording room and client wants zero delay in video from movement.

My current setup is very direct. Just a PC with Gagabit Eithernet NIC, Netgear Gigabit PoE switch and camera. No other cams on switch. Everything using Cat6 straight into computer. Computer is E8400 Core 2 duo. 4GB DDR3 Ram with upgraded graphics card, freshly cleaned Win 7 x64.

Not sure where bottleneck is now? Any settings inside camera to help speed up video?

Thank you, Steve

Exact camera below.

camsordered.jpg

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm. What application are you using to view the camera video? What frame rate are you running? The E8400 processor Passmarks at 2,178...it's a pig bro. That's probably your problem, especially if you're trying to run 30FPS like everyone and their brother does at first. What application are you using to view the camera video? What frame rate are you running?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is always going to be a slight delay in a network camera. 1 second or less is normal. You are likely not using the correct camera for the application.

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm. What application are you using to view the camera video? What frame rate are you running? The E8400 processor Passmarks at 2,178...it's a pig bro. That's probably your problem, especially if you're trying to run 30FPS like everyone and their brother does at first. What application are you using to view the camera video? What frame rate are you running?
Just the standard web interface direct to camera. No BlueIris yet. 30FPS. 4600 bit rate. 1080 resolution.

Tried on an i5 computer exact same results.

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is always going to be a slight delay in a network camera. 1 second or less is normal. You are likely not using the correct camera for the application.
If they want cameras to see realtime / and record at same time, Any specs I should look for? I dont want to spend $150 + each camera.

HD Analog Cameras? Not sure.

You would think a single IP cam, connected to a Gigabit PoE direct to PC viewing would be close to realtime, but its not.

Thanks for all your help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If they want cameras to see realtime / and record at same time, Any specs I should look for? I dont want to spend $150 + each camera.

HD Analog Cameras? Not sure.

You would think a single IP cam, connected to a Gigabit PoE direct to PC viewing would be close to realtime, but its not.

Thanks for all your help.
What is the purpose of the camera? Why is a .5 second or second delay a problem?

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So client wants about 6 cameras to record and .5 sec delay is fine. Atleast 3 cameras need to be "realtime"

For example a camera in main studio next to drummer. Another musician in separate room about 10 feet away can see on monitor the beat of drums.

Basically like a monitor view of another room and record at same time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So client wants about 6 cameras to record and .5 sec delay is fine. Atleast 3 cameras need to be "realtime"

For example a camera in main studio next to drummer. Another musician in separate room about 10 feet away can see on monitor the beat of drums.

Basically like a monitor view of another room and record at same time.
Buy a regular video camera with HDMI out (make sure it can output in realtime - live)

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Buy a regular video camera with HDMI out (make sure it can output in realtime - live)
Do you know a setup that would allow 3+ cameras to record and send video out in realtime. Then if musicians want a uncut video of session, it can be easily saved to USB disk?

That would be best setup.