DeepStack Window Open But No Analysis

Dorsey Pender

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am new to DeepStack. I read this but don't understand how to open this and view the analysis.

When this window is open while Testing & Tuning DeepStack is enabled in the clip viewer
window, results here will be updated as you play or seek through the video.

Where is the Testing and Tuning enabled?

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Open a clip identified by DeepStack. Right click on the clip as it plays. Select "testing and tuning" from that menu then select DeepStack analysis. Replay the clip and you'll see the results. Once you have enabled testing and tuning all subsequent clips will display in the analysis window. Keep in mind this is CPU intensive and really shouldn't be left on as a default.

The BI help file is your friend. Have a look in there.

Dorsey Pender

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you tune DeepStack?

Open a clip identified by DeepStack. Right click on the clip as it plays. Select "testing and tuning" from that menu then select DeepStack analysis. Replay the clip and you'll see the results. Once you have enabled testing and tuning all subsequent clips will display in the analysis window. Keep in mind this is CPU intensive and really shouldn't be left on as a default.

The BI help file is your friend. Have a look in there.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You tune DS by adjusting motion detection in BI to cover the specific areas of interest and by having DS detect the objects you're interest in in the AI configuration of each camera using DS. For example you probably want to detect people and various vehicles but not elephants, giraffes or zebras, so you'd list people and the vehicle types you're interested in. DS allows you to increase sensitivity of BI motion detection and suppress false alerts at the same time.

Cam_curious

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I go to the "Testing and Tuning" menu it is set to "off" and I cannot turn it on.
All of the selections are grayed out.

How can I turn it on?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Screen shots of the DeepStack configuration for the trigger tab of the camera. Screen shots of the AI configuration of the BI console. Screen shots of the trigger settings for the camera.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, they all look fine. How about opening the DeepStack page in the console and dropping a .dat file, if you have one in the alerts folder, and taking a screen shot of the analysis. Detection time is the next suspect to look at. If not use analyze with Deepstack on a clip that should have had a detection and post what the analysis looks like from the DeepStack tab in the console. Maybe drop the confidence level down to 40% which is as low as DeepStack seems to allow.

Cam_curious

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here are an image and a DAT file. The thing that I am trying to do is use the "Analyze with DeepStack" but it and the other
picks are grayed out. Could it be a permissions problem. BI cannot talk to DeepStack even though DeepStack seems
to be analyzing the images OK.

You can see what I want to analyze!

RVcam.20210803_000001.13341383.4099.13087.15024.jpg

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You need better mouse traps :)

You definitely have something else going on there that I can't pinpoint. Was BI installed on a fresh copy of Win10? Are you logged in to BI using the same credentials that you use to log into the PC as an administrator? Is the user you're logging in to BI as an administrator in BI?

Cam_curious

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I must have better mice so I need better traps. Actually, the mouse walked all over the first trap but the second trap got him.

Another thing, when i look at the DeepStack tab in BI Status I see nothing. Each of the 3 panes is blank.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
^^ What @Vettester just asked. You need to open the DeepStack window in the console, then play a clip back. Then toggle back to the DeepStack window to see the analysis of the clip.