Deepstack + BI Object Rectangles

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my BI install and setup a couple of cameras to use Deepstack AI. I was getting too many triggers (not alerts) using BI motion to start the Deepstack AI, so I utilized my Dahua's IVS to trigger the test camera, and that seems to be working good to minimize the false triggers caused by trees moving in the wind or a garden flag waving.

I've looked at a couple video tutorials, and they seem to have the analysis object detection rectangles on the recorded video, but I do not get those on my clip playback, unless I'm running analyze with deepstack on them. The object rectangles show up on the first jpeg in my alerts, but not the subsequent jpegs. Is there a setting I have to check to include the Deepstack rectangles on the clips?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The rectangles will not show up on the clips, only the first jpeg in the alert. You can use the tuning function in playback to get the rectangles if they are that important for you to see...

And yes, most of us find the IVS triggers from the Dahua cameras to be better than DeepStack (at the moment anyway):

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The rectangles will not show up on the clips, only the first jpeg in the alert. You can use the tuning function in playback to get the rectangles if they are that important for you to see...

And yes, most of us find the IVS triggers from the Dahua cameras to be better than DeepStack (at the moment anyway):

If you have test and tune deep stack checked it will show the rectangles during playback on the Blue Iris PC.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Thanks @wittaj . I wish the tutorials mentioned that. Spent too much time looking into it trying to figure out what I was doing wrong before posting here. The analyze with deepstack is pretty useful though, but quite a resource hog to do it.

If you have test and tune deep stack checked it will show the rectangles during playback on the Blue Iris PC.
I did use that function to help figure out the triggers when I first started, but definitely not something to leave on all of the time.