Dashcam with timed recording

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I stumbled on this sub trying to do research on a good dashcam. I'm looking for a cam that would have an option to set an alarm to record during a set time. I would like to be able to tell it when to record, then just walk out and replace the memory card/battery the next morning so I can review the footage later. I've looked at some models in the sidebar, especially the ones that record while parked, but they seem focused on recording when a sensor is triggered or a collision is detected. It seems the video would loop as well. I'm looking for a dashcam due to increased break ins and vandalism in the area. Last week another car parked in the same parallel parking section where my car was had a couple tires slashed. It was a few spaces up from mine. I can't help but think I might have been able to catch something with a continuous recording. If I could park within sight of my apartment, I'd set up something in my window. Since I can't see my car, I thought a dashcam might be a good alternative. Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms, but continuous recording and timer don't seem to be locating the kind of cam I'm looking for.
10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254

Last edited:

ahlan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure about what exactly you are asking but I have my dashcams hardwired and they record continuously. I have a 256gb memory card and it takes around 23 hours +- to fill that card before it starts recording over itself. Just keep in mind that if thieves see a dashcam, all they have to do is steal it and the footage is gone. I believe Owlcam makes a dashcam that used 4G internet and uploads to the cloud. I havent used it myself but I do like the idea of off-site dashcam storage.