Dahua VTO6221E-P Issues at night

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have installed a stand alone VTO6221E-P video intercom and using it for access control for my front gate. It works great during the day but come night time the VTO shows up as 'Network disconnected' on my NVR and i cannot access it through DMSS or via the web. The buttons and LCD screen lights up if pressed however nothing is else works.

I was initially powering the VTO using a TP-link POE+ Gigabit Switch, but then I got a Dahua 60W unmanaged switch to see if the power was the issue. However even with the Dahua switch i am facing the same problem.

All help is much appreciated.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does IR kick in at night? It will draw more power, not much more, but may be something to check out. We had several people experience this on Residential Smart Doorbells, replacing their transformers with higher VA fixed their issues. What was happening to them is their doorbell chimes were buzzing at night when the IR kicked in.

Reaction score
Sounds like a faulty product. I would've thought everything would work properly over POE. I do not have this setup with a doorbell and did not find anything online regarding transformers, would you have a guide?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like a faulty product. I would've thought everything would work properly over POE. I do not have this setup with a doorbell and did not find anything online regarding transformers, would you have a guide?
I am sorry I don't, you may want to post here on Reddit to see if someone can help there:

I saw you on the Firmware Thread here on the 10th, hopefully someone with the VTO6221E-P will help...

I only Chimed in since we have a huge Doorbell thread here and IR can play a part in power issues...

A few more questions:
Did you check to see if there is any scheduling Day/Night that might turn off your Station?
Looking at the specs I don't see IR mentioned, only Day/Night Color, so are those LEDs on each side of the Lens, that turn on at night? If not, where does it get it's light at night? How does motion work? PIR or AI? Or there is no motion, only button press.

HTH