Dahua VTO router connection

ulli21

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have the Dahua VTO2202f-p with the VTH monitor - both hooked up to a POE switch. IP adresses 192.168.1.110 and 109. The setup works flawlessly without the router connected. As soon as I connect the router to the switch (same network) I loose the video connection on the vth and the router changed the sip server ip adress. Has anybody a solution for me ?

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When you connect equipment to the router, does the router distribute new IP addresses for VTO and VTH via DHCP? You need to configure the router so that it gives these devices the same addresses as they were. Or after connecting the devices to the router, if the VTO address changes, you need to enter this new IP address in the VTH in the SIP settings.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You would be better off assigning IP addresses in the router that are outside of its' DHCP assignment range. The VTO and VTH need to always have the same IP address for them to function properly.

ulli21

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your answers. I followed your advices but that didn't help. I limited the DHCP range of the router and finally disabled it to no avail. Setup without the router works flawlessly. As soon as I connect to the router the image on the vth diappears burt I still have it on the Dahua web gui and Blue Iris. Maybe it has to do with the mulitcast function. During setup on the vth I am urged to enable multicast on the router. I am a newbie and have never done this. Could that be the problem ?

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please send a screenshot of your VTO's IP settings when you connect devices directly and when you connect via a router.
What router are you using?

ulli21

n3wb
Reaction score
I am at my whits' end. Please find the screenshots attached. When I connect the dahua poe switch to the router which is behind a lan switch the image on the vth is gone although the settings on vth, vto and sip server didn't change. But in the web gui the sip server changes from 192.168.1.110 to 111. Changing the ip back to 110 in the web gui doesn't help. My router is ZXHN F 680 from ZTE.

Attachments