Dahua vto doorbell

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone i had this problem with this installation. Look at the picture. The vto model 2202-f-p-s2 will install at the back but the client want a bell button outside. Is it any way to do this and play at monitors inside the house?

Attachments

Reaction score
why not just install the VTO on the column, and then have a separate IP camera for the door.
I mean, there is no way to split up the VTO call button and camera. It all uses the same circuit board.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1st because the column position is very low
And 2nd i do what client said. I told him that i cant find any way to get a call button there.

Reaction score
1st because the column position is very low
And 2nd i do what client said. I told him that i cant find any way to get a call button there.
Lower the better because that means the camera is looking up at a face. My VTO is about the height of my old doorbell so 32 or 36 in?
I know the customer said to do this or that but this is where you have to make the suggestion of solving the problem by adding a separate IP camera for the front door.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He dont want camera at his door. Look because they call me after the house is built, there is a construction problem of the column button position. Would be better if they built something lik Π and install the vto at higher position. Now the column button is 1 meter from the ground. If i install the vto and install a camera at his door, the client will see the picture from the ringing doorbell and he must close the vto and open the camera to see the person ringing. So there is no point of 2 vto or 1 vto and 1 camera. The best solution i found is to cancel the column position and use only the door for vto and thats it.

Reaction score
I thought you said earlier that The customer wanted the VTO camera at the door. To me that means you can put any camera at the door, not just the VTO camera. There are wedge cameras that can be painted that look pretty decent for door frame installation.

Reaction score
You are correct the best position for VTO camera and push to call button is somewhere along the door frame. Either recessed or not recessed. A push a call button along the front sidewalk column would invite lots of kids to push it at 3:00 a.m.