Dahua or HiKVision advice needed for daughter protection with anxiety

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello from Denmark

So I have had to cancel my family’s alarm subscription (Ends feb. 1st.) ow wanna replace it with some cameras of my own. We have a child with severe autism and anxiety so “surveillance” of the house is paramount for her well being.

Right now the company uses 3 x Arlo essential I believe it is. Absolutely sad quality at night.
My question is really from attached pictures of what I want to cover do I need 8MP and 2.8 or 4mm. I’m no expert and have read so much and seen so many reviews my eyes hurt. Luckily a friend I have pointed me here for sound advice.

So if any advice on Hik or Dahua and what specs for my terasse and backyard and drive way would be greatly appreciated.

My own initial idea was 2 x Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL (2.8 mm) AcuSense 4K 8MP for back and terrace and a 4MP for driveway. But perhaps Dahua is better and 4MP x 3 is enough.

Best regards

Skærmbillede 2023-12-25 kl. 23.10.12.jpeg.png
Vis seneste fotos.jpeg.png
Vis seneste fotos.jpeg.png

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I have had a 25% price increase and thus have invested in my own setup. It is the cameras that are missing and the Arlos were lackluster in all areas at night plus they belong to the company. So any advice on 4 or 8MP and brand is my hope :)

thx

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great all around camera.
Send @EMPIRETECANDY a direct message for pricing to your location.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera he linked is Dahua OEM so you get it for less by not paying for the logo.

4MP is the sweet spot for surveillance cameras. 8MP suffers from a very limited depth of focus.

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@wittaj

I have actually ordered HikVision 8MP Acusense. I can see from videos I'm better off with the 4MP ColorVu version!
Gotta send back and reorder

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind the ColorVu series cannot see infrared, so you either need enough light from the house or be willing to use the built-in white LEDs, which most people do not want to use because it attracts bugs and makes it obvious a camera is there.

Here is link to a thread of many that shows the disappointment of many thinking a ColorVu camera was magic and could defy physics. Full Color type cameras are great if you have light, but will be horrible if you do not have enough light (as is any surveillance camera)

Initial review of the DS-2CD2347G2-L(U) ColorVu 2.0 IP camera.

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@wittaj thx for sharing that link. Seems I don’t have the lighting for colorvu as it is now. Given the 3 pictures I have enclosed I would like your camera suggestions:). 4MP 4mm lens from e.g Uniview or this Empiretech if possible ( Live in Denmark ).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@wittaj thx for sharing that link. Seems I don’t have the lighting for colorvu as it is now. Given the 3 pictures I have enclosed I would like your camera suggestions:). 4MP 4mm lens from e.g Uniview or this Empiretech if possible ( Live in Denmark ).
You can message him direct, and he can give you the details on shipping to your location.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
EmpireTech will be a far superior camera.

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EmpireTech will be a far superior camera.
I will message Empiretech. Just asking you guys based on my pictures if 8MP or 4Mp. As u see right now it’s more “overview” positions so 8MP could be fine and then add 4MP in other positions for identification? I really need some professional advice before I blindly install my 2 x 8MP HikVision acusense :)

Thx in advance

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Without visible light you want 4MP as almost every 8MP that can see infrared are on less than ideal MP/sensor ratios so the images will be darker.