Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 NVR question

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Quick question about NVR hard drive installation. I have a Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 NVR that is my home office. The NVR was a little loud that even my old ears can hear. I decided replace the OEM fan with a Noctua Premium fan. This helped a bunch. There still is some hard drive noise from the rotating hard drives. I observed that the NVR metal incasement is amplifying the noise from the spinning hard drives.

My question is can I install a thin rubber flat washer on the hard drive mounting screws to help dampen the spinning noise some? Not sure if the hard drive has to be grounded to the case with these screws. Also not sure about heat dissipation by having the screws insulated from case. Not even sure if this may help. I have WD 10TB Purple hard drives (WD101PURZ).

Thank you

M

Last edited:

heliantus1

n3wb
Reaction score
I am sure ,that helps you to cut down a noise level. Sometimes I was used a rubber washer from PC tunnig shop.

Odoslané z Redmi Note 9 Pro pomocou Tapatalku

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Quick question about NVR hard drive installation. I have a Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 NVR that is my home office. The NVR was a little loud that even my old ears can hear. I decided replace the OEM fan with a Noctua Premium fan. This helped a bunch. There still is some hard drive noise from the rotating hard drives. I observed that the NVR metal incasement is amplifying the noise from the spinning hard drives.

My question is can I install a thin rubber flat washer on the hard drive mounting screws to help dampen the spinning noise some? Not sure if the hard drive has to be grounded to the case with these screws. Also not sure about heat dissipation by having the screws insulated from case. Not even sure if this may help. I have WD 10TB Purple hard drives (WD101PURZ).

Thank you

M
You should be fine, The HD is grounded anyway through the Power cable and as far as cooling, I have seen harddrives in places they don't possibly belong run for years, If you are concerned put a laser temp gun on it and see. Those NVR's Don't run that hot Inside, as long as the fan is running you should be good, It starts creeping up to around 125 f then you got other issues.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. With two 7200 rpm 10TB hard drives installed the bottom of the NVR is warm to the touch. I will monitor the temps. I found some PC screw insulator washers. The kind in the old PCs that were orange. I may try one drive with them and compare temps at 24 hours...

Again Thank You, I appreciate this forum !!

M