Dahua NVR playback stops at recording type change

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use a Dahua 4116 4k NVR to record multiple cams continuously, with motion enabled.

Playing back multiple NVR recorded streams simultaneously and in sync works beautifully via Smart PSS on my desktop. (Smart PSS is playing from the NVR, there are no local recordings or PC-NVR in use.) Each stream transitions automatically from general recording to motion recording and back to general without pausing.

By contrast, when playing back the same recordings at the NVR console, each window frame pauses (gets stuck is more like it) whenever there is a recording type shift to/from motion/general. At the console, I can resume playback by clicking on the frame that's stuck then clicking slow motion and then play. Doing so resumes playback on all the frames, from the time mark on the selected frame that has just been unstuck. This is a nuisance when the motion in each frame happens at slightly different times. Ex., someone walks across my yard, travelling from the mailbox cam to the doorbell cam to the driveway cam to the side gate cam.

Is there any setting that can be changed with the http api to specify that console playback should continue to the next recorded file while playing back, instead of stopping? You know, the way Smart PSS does?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have one of those NVRs let me play with it this evening. I too use SmartPSS as a view/playback tool and it works great for that.