Dahua NVR playback speed

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The fastest playback my Dahua NVR has is relatively slow when I have to scroll through long periods of time. Is there a faster way, or is the best way going to be export the vid and use high speed fast forward in VLC Player?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
setup motion or IVS and then only bring those up in the timeline, SmartPSS lets you playback at 8x

there is a limit to how fast you can play a stream; you can play them back many times faster from a local disk (download it first).. Might try SmartPlayer, I think it has a faster FF rate

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SmartPlayer only works with event detection correct? When using an NVR do I need to set the motion detection on my cam or set the motion detection on the NVR? currently some of my cams have motion detection setup, but i was not sure if one would cancel out the other.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Smart Player just plays back raw files download from NVR and can transcode them to other formats.. its just a standalone DAV player.

Motion Detection and IVS are ran off camera; you can configure them on both.. the nvr is actually configuring the cameras directly to make it easier/centralized.. just make sure your NVR recording schedule includes motion/smart

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my NVR does not want to hold onto the 24/7 motion detection settings i set in the NVR. here are 2 screenshots. any assistance is appreciated.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats because 24:00:00 is not a real time..

try 23:59:59

Screenshot 2017-01-31 14.26.14.png

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr i clearly am not doing something correctly. your status bars are green and mine are yellow. here is a screenvid of how i configured the nvr. my only channel of concern is channel 2.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your doing it through NVR, are you unable to conect directly to camera?

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i am able, but i thought the nvr had to match the ip cam settings. on a side note, i cannot get the ip cam to save "all days." in the screenshot below, when i click "all" the rule does not apply. after i click save and check the settings, all 7 days are not selected. for what it is worth i only want this cam to record motion 24/7. since this cam is looking at a street the record motion setting is important for me. i feel i am not doing this correctly.

Attachments