Dahua NVR Memory

Mrrr0809

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR5216/5232-16P-4KS2E
I purchased this and all of my cameras off of Andy. Extremely nice and helpful guy! This is all new to me and have some very obvious questions. Is there built in memory or must you purchase extra HDD? I see a max size of 10TB x2 port max. Looking at buying these in 10TB:
Is there a more affordable place to buy from? Any reason not to max out the memory? When I did the calculations for memory required, it was around 16TB, but why not extend the memory potential a few more days?
Considering I’ve never opened the guts of anything tech, is install as easy as this video shows it to be?
Thanks all!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you need to install your own HDD in the real NVRs LOL as they want you to decide the quality and storage needed for your situation. Ones from Costco and what not come with them but are usually low storage and lesser quality HDDs.

Yes, it is simple - simply unscrew the "cover" off and find the cable to plug the HDD into and secure the HDD to the NVR. Then plug it in.

As long as the unit is capable of accepting the HDD, nothing wrong with putting in more storage than you calculate.