Dahua N52B3P4 No Backup Option

yellowbunny

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying to export three cams worth of footage over a week's time from a Dahua NVR N52B3P4 (V4.001.0000006.0 build 2021-02-08) and I see on the Dahua wiki as well as YT videos that you can use a Backup option to dump the files on the main menu to a USB drive. I can't find "Backup" on my menu (I'm logging in remotely, don't have access to a tv to plug into the back of the dvr). So I grabbed SmartPSS, configured it, and can't find Backup there either. The Backup option on the Dahua wiki seems to indicate a 2017 date, so I take it I'm missing something here as my unit is only a few years old?

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What browser are you using to log in?
I found when using Firefox or Chrome the backup option isn't available.
Try again using Internet Explorer, Pale Moon or Edge with IE tab.

yellowbunny

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What browser are you using to log in?
I found when using Firefox or Chrome the backup option isn't available.
Try again using Internet Explorer, Pale Moon or Edge with IE tab.
Hmmmm, it was Firefox and Chrome, both Mac and Windows. I tried in IE and it shows up. How weird.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It isn't weird at all LOL. Well it is weird that a no longer supported browser is being used, but there is a reason...

Many manufacturers have focused the firmware around Internet Explorer, even brand new cameras unfortunately. Keep in mind we are not the intended audience of Hikvision and Dahua, it is professional installers with specialized equipment and/or don't update their equipment, so they are not going to invest in changing the firmware until they see a need.