Dahua ITC237-PW1A-IRZ Shutter speed down to 1/12.5s ???

renato_

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I have a Dahua ITC237-PW1A-IRZ - ANPR camera in good working condition.
My problem is that in the user manual they stated shutter speed is down to 1/12.5s , but in reality I can't get lower than 1/50s.
Any idea if this is a firmware version related problem or is something else?
Thanks!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Just curious, why would you need such a slow shutter? Most LPR cams are running 1/1000-1/2000 or even faster

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried selecting customized range and type in the ms equivalent, which would be 80ms-80ms for a 1/12.5 shutter? Might be how to get around it not showing it as a fractional second.

renato_

n3wb
Reaction score
I couldn't tried that, because the shutter interface only allow me to select 0 - 20ms.
I tried to lower the frame rate in the video section, but of no avail.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
My problem is that in the user manual they stated shutter speed is down to 1/12.5s , but in reality I can't get lower than 1/50s.

I couldn't tried that, because the shutter interface only allow me to select 0 - 20ms.
I tried to lower the frame rate in the video section, but of no avail.
My guess is the manual is wrong or there is a bug in their software. If the software is limiting you to 1/50th of a second in both the shutter selection and custom range (20ms = 1/50th second), then I don't think you are doing anything wrong. You might reach out to Dahua directly to see if it is a bug that needs to be fixed.

renato_

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes! Probably that's the best thing to do. I think that may be the firmware's faul. Since I have the 2.202.0000.1.R, build : 2017- 1- 5 and the camera was launched in 2015, maybe only previous firmware had the setting that I need. I couldn't find anything in this respect on Dahua's sites, so I'll try to ask their technical department. Only if they'll ever answer...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt they will respond to you....they do not cater to the "consumer" market - their target audience is professional installers, so we are considered "prosumer" and we are fortunate to get our hands on these types of cameras instead of consumer grade junk and not having to go thru professional installers to get it. Now the downside is we get them at a discount and without manuals and support and thus are on our own to figure it out. We are fortunate a forum like this exists to help with that.

If you get any help from them that is an exception and count yourself lucky. We do not exist in their world and that is their business model and they made the business decision to not compete with the Rings and Nests of the world and as such to do offer these cameras at box stores for consumers to purchase directly. They cater to the professional installers...and would probably tell you to contact the vendor you got them from...