dahua, how do you change camera order on live view??

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
got a new dahua NVR, plugging cameras in, i want to change the positions of the camera image on the live view screen, how do i do this?? with hikvision i could just drag them around where i wanted, cant on dahua, how to fix this??

Wombat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There’s probably something in the settings but before tearing your hair out trying to work it, I’d change the cable connections around on the back of the unit or your poe switch but that’s only because I don’t know any better. If that didn’t work for me then I’d resort to reading the instructions (haha). Someone will come up the official procedure I am sure. I’d try on the preview screen where you can see all the camera views and try a left click or right click of mouse on the view you want to move and see if there’s a move option or whether it allows you to then drag to new position.

Last edited:

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From what i can see for Dahua NVR (at least for mine --NVR4216-4KS2) D1 always the first, the D2, D3 etc.. so configure the camera you want first as D1 and so on.

Wombat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Found this: May or may not apply to your model. I think this is what you’re after.

 Preview drag: If you want to change position of channel 1 and channel 2 when you are previewing, you can left click mouse in the channel 1 and then drag to channel 2, release mouse you can switch channel 1 and channel 2 positions.

 Use mouse middle button to control window split: You can use mouse middle button to switch window split amount.

Last edited:

Ben Catoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent info. I have a different model NVR (Dahua N41B2P2) but was able to move my streams around. Don't see a way to move the splits but not a huge deal. Would also be nice to be able to set the sequence on different screens but also not a big deal.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This is your 3rd or 4th duplicate post. Please use the one you started.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there, is there any way to change the sequence the cameras are shown on the DMSS app? I can do it on the NVR but don't seem to have an option to move on the multi-camera screen. You can drag and drop in the app but it doesn't save that view.
+1 above - your post will be seen regardless, so no need to clog the forum up with multiple posts of the same thing. It will end up causing people to respond before they see someone else perhaps addressed it another post.