Dahua/Hik or Ubiquiti

gavrook

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all i'm new here. I have purchased a system without doing enough research and am wondering if I've made a mistake.

I purchased 6x Ubiquiti UVC-G3 cameras and built an NVR (Celeron N3160 Mini PC, 8GB Ram and a 120GB SSD/2TB HDD). The main reason I went with them is because All my network is Unifi gear and figured it would integrate well, but it doesn't talk with the Unifi networking line at all!

While I like the Unifi NVR software and phone app, all works well with their cloud software and is easy and reliable, would I be better off with a Hik or Dahua system?

I could get a Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 and 6x Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z for a couple of hundred $ more than I could sell my current cameras and NVR PC for. Main reasons are the zoom and starlight functions on the cameras would be handy as well as the Dahua NVR's 2x 3.5" HDD's giving me room to add more storage later whereas 2TB is as big as I can fit in the current NVR.

Would it be worth doing? Will the NVR work as well and reliably as the Ubiquiti? Is remote viewing on a PC or phone as easy? Or should I just stick with what I have. Thanks for any advice!