Dahua Firmware on NVR5216-4KS2

sezlv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I own an EmpireTech NVR (5216-4KS2) and I'm wondering if installing original Dahua firmware on it is possible. Would I encounter any issues? If anyone has experience doing so please let me know. Thanks.

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I own an EmpireTech NVR (5216-4KS2) and I'm wondering if installing original Dahua firmware on it is possible. Would I encounter any issues? If anyone has experience doing so please let me know. Thanks.
I have the same NVR. Yes you can download either from the Dahua site or from empire techs site which is Dahua firmware but released earlier to Andy ahead of time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only update if you are experiencing an issue that the release notes say it will fix. We see too many threads where someone updated just for kicks and they lose a feature they were using and gain a feature they don't want.

And yes don't go by release date because Andy usually gets it first and Dahua simply pushes it out months later but is the same firmware they gave Andy months prior.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
You should determine if you have a v1 or v2 5216-4ks2. I vaguely remember that some of the later firmware was only for v2. If you have the v4 user interface, it will display the hardware version of the NVR, v1 or v2. Also, if you have the v4 user interface, there's a good chance you'd gain little or nothing by changing the firmware unless there's a specific feature or bug fix that's important to you. The v3 user interface does not display the hardware version.
Capture.JPG