Dahua equipment received! Advise please

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, I finally received my camera system that I spent time on to piece it through.
If curious to know I have attached a screen shot of the items

I’m looking to find out what is the better or best cable to run for these up cameras. Wiring will be ran through a raceway for most of the run. No underground

would like to see if anyone who has deployed the Dahua nvr and ip cameras could give me some tips around quick configuring

I’d appreciate the information!

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, I finally received my camera system that I spent time on to piece it through.

I’m looking to find out what is the better or best cable to run for these up cameras. Wiring will be ran through a raceway for most of the run. No underground

would like to see if anyone who has deployed the Dahua nvr and ip cameras could give me some tips around quick configuring

***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch | IP Cam Talk

Use only good solid copper ethernet cable, not copper clad aluminum.
Here: Monoprice Cat5e Ethernet Bulk Cable - Solid, 350MHz, UTP, CMR, Riser Rated, Pure Bare Copper, 24AWG, 1000ft, Blue, ReelexII (UL)(TAA) - Monoprice.com

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use only solid copper, AWG 23 or 24 ethernet wire. , no CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum). cut it and scrap it to verify. Use qood quality connectors and crimper. Wire the connectors to the 568B standard. The colors of the wires to pins must be match correctly.

On the NVR get a short premade ethernet cable to test and set up the camera before install. Put the first camera to the first port, the second to the second. NEVER change the camera to the port relationship. Label the camera to which port it goes. The NVR will assign an IP address during the configuration of the camera. If you move a camera to another port it will not work and will need to be reset.

568b.png
568b2.jpg

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

HI @Ipcamncvr

Start with a bench test of all. Check everything works.

Then setup a test rig and start testing your placement plan and see if you need to adjust the locations.

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
HI @Ipcamncvr

Start with a bench test of all. Check everything works.

Then setup a test rig and start testing your placement plan and see if you need to adjust the locations.
Mat definitely made a good call. Even if you have the cabling all ran, it can be a pain in the ass to crawl up there and dismount a camera. Definitely not a day ruiner, just pretty annoying. LOL

Definitely follow Sothern's wiring too! I made a noob mistake with wiring when I first started and spent some time t-shooting only to find out I'm an idiot.

I ran some Monoprice solid core cat6 that I'm happy with. Some others told me to avoid it but I have had no problems with it. They also provide a warranty on it from my understanding and they stand behind it and their customer support is good.

Last edited:

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Send some links on which ones you’d recommend if possible. Mono price is about an hour away and I could do a will call I’m sure.

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So when I power up the nvr will it already have its own default ip range and I’ll need to configure is the public network by entering that information in?

doing the bench test of each camera so that it can configure and assign ips would be a good startif I understand correctly? While doing this I should the cameras to which port number on nvr, so I need to make note of IP addresses?

At the same day one if I get a defective camera or run into an issue I can catch it ahead and get on warranty.

for the setup of the camera settings, zones, ai settings, etc - this would be best to do last I take it?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So when I power up the nvr will it already have its own default ip range and I’ll need to configure is the public network by entering that information in?

doing the bench test of each camera so that it can configure and assign ips would be a good startif I understand correctly? While doing this I should the cameras to which port number on nvr, so I need to make note of IP addresses?

At the same day one if I get a defective camera or run into an issue I can catch it ahead and get on warranty.

for the setup of the camera settings, zones, ai settings, etc - this would be best to do last I take it?
Hi @Ipcamncvr

The Dahua OEM NVR I got from Andy - just plugged the Dahua OEM cameras into it and the Amcrest Dahua OEM camera and all worked plug and play when I did it.

That noted, do not be surprised if you need to adjust IP address / port, sync user password pairs, and modify substream info for any IP camera when connecting to an NVR. ( that is be prepared in case you do need to do this )

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok. I have set up access points with a controller. It seems like it’ll be sort of similar

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score