Dahua Autotracking SD52C225U-HNI

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everybody, does anyone know how I can have auto tracking on in the day but switched off at night. There seems to be a fair few settings that have a schedule but not auto tracking which just has an on/off toggle and the time in seconds to follow whatever it's following. Auto tracking has its critics but seems to work for me. However the servo noise at night does tend to keep you awake. To lessen this I have a night preset in which the camera looks after a more compact territory closer to the house using IVS, but because the toggle is switched on from the daytime, it seems very sensitive and will look after it's small patch of ground with gusto, keeping us all awake. Is there something I might be missing or is there a workaround to be had? Any suggestions or comments as usual will be most appreciated, many thanks.

Reaction score
There are 2 places to turn on Autotrack in a PTZ1A225U-IRA-N camera, and it is probably the same on your model. The always on setting for any object that comes into view is under PTZ > FUNCTION > INTELLIGENCE. The other, more usefull way to set it up is under EVENT > IVS which is where you draw a rule and have it associated with a PRESET. In this option, you can turn on/off AUTOTRACK if the trigger or intrusion zone is tripped. Having tried both methods, I find AUTOTRACK has a major drawback in that you can't tell the camera to not zoom in. Almost every time it zooms in, it looses track of the object. If Dahua added the ability to turn off the zoom function, autotrack would be much more useful. JMOP.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everybody, does anyone know how I can have auto tracking on in the day but switched off at night. There seems to be a fair few settings that have a schedule but not auto tracking which just has an on/off toggle and the time in seconds to follow whatever it's following. Auto tracking has its critics but seems to work for me. However the servo noise at night does tend to keep you awake. To lessen this I have a night preset in which the camera looks after a more compact territory closer to the house using IVS, but because the toggle is switched on from the daytime, it seems very sensitive and will look after it's small patch of ground with gusto, keeping us all awake. Is there something I might be missing or is there a workaround to be had? Any suggestions or comments as usual will be most appreciated, many thanks.
Getting Auto Track on a PTZ to work reliably depends on the cameras surroundings, and how good you are at tuning the IVS settings.
Don't depend on it.