Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
has anyone with this camera connected to it using serial cable?? I have it opened up and am having a heck of a time finding where to connect my serial cable to for an attempted firmware fix...if you have, any photos would be amazing!
I'm pretty positive it was a bad firmware/flash that caused this......running a scanner on it shows the laptop i had connected as a "live" ip, and the cam's default 192.168.1.108 as a "dead" ip....just need to connect this serial cable

Thanks

Reaction score
I had to select "Dahua New V4" in BI under PTZ/Control for the camera to get it to move again. In the Video Configure I also just use find/inspect to configure the camera, also make sure you have the correct port if you are port forwarding.

javierfer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, maybe someone could shed some light on my problem. I have a Dahua SD49225T-HN-S2 PTZ camera that stopped working from one day to the next, has entered a reboot loop and has returned to the factory IP 192.168.1.108 Unfortunately I can't fix it through TFTP It keeps rebooting and the connection cannot be established. I want to find the UART port of the camera but I can't find it. I've only found these single pins that seem to be the UART port but I can't get them to connect since nothing appears on the monitor when the power is connected to the camera Is there a way to activate the UART port?

Attachments

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm going to suggest something that may sound way too simplistic so please don't take offense, but just so you/we don't miss the obvious, make sure your power supply (presumably PoE) and cabling are not having any issues. I once experienced a similar reboot problem with an early version of this model and just coincidentally while debugging plugged into a different PoE++ port (instead of the original PoE+ port) and "magically" the reboot stopped. I still don't know whether the original PoE+ port degraded, or the camera itself with age needed more power, but after several years of use I had reboot problems which "more power" seemed to address.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the same model camera. POE switch just wasn't cutting it anymore it seems. The switch said it was putting out in the neighborhood of 15 watts to this model. It would endlessly spin on random PTZ moves, just not display video, but still could get to web interface, reboot fairly often. I got a "hi power" 60 watt POE injector and haven't had any issues for months! Very much along the lines of the other thread where the capacitors are dying. This is quicker and easier unless you are an electronics tech.
So that'd be the first thing I would recommend also...Tim Allen that cam and give it more power!! Then start saving for an upgrade because if it works at all, this fix won't last forever.

javierfer

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm going to suggest something that may sound way too simplistic so please don't take offense, but just so you/we don't miss the obvious, make sure your power supply (presumably PoE) and cabling are not having any issues. I once experienced a similar reboot problem with an early version of this model and just coincidentally while debugging plugged into a different PoE++ port (instead of the original PoE+ port) and "magically" the reboot stopped. I still don't know whether the original PoE+ port degraded, or the camera itself with age needed more power, but after several years of use I had reboot problems which "more power" seemed to address.
thanks for your answer, All the time I have used a 12V at 3A power supply I don't know if I can interpret that the camera has damaged firmware.
  • When connecting the power source to the camera, the Ethernet LEDs work after 5 seconds but after another 10 seconds they turn off and restart in a loop. (When I ping the IP address 192.168.1.108 I have a response but then it disappears)
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.1.70: Destination host unreachable.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.1.108: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.1.108: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.1.108: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=128

javierfer

n3wb
Reaction score
what are the connection pins for the UART port? Is additional hardware necessary to connect to the UART of this camera other than USB-TTL? Has anyone been able to establish communication through the UART port for this camera?