Dahau PTZ not working with Idle motion and IVS active

Reaction score
Hi all

I have Dahau PTZ SD1A404XG and cant seem to get idle motion to work as i expected.

If i set 2 presets 1 and 2, 1 been home and 2 been other then set up idle motion i can get it to move from preset 2 back to preset 1 (home) with idle motion.
However when i activate smart plan (IVS rules) it no longer moves from the preset 2 back to preset 1 due to idle motion.

Has anyone else had this issue and worked out how to fix it?

Im tearing my hair out here.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Jnr

n3wb
Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue and i posted a thread over a week ago. Stil haven't had any replies yet.
I am wondering whether the idle function may not work with an IVS preset. I was going to experiment with a tour between presets and see if this works.
Glad I'm not the only one, so hopefully between us we can try and work it out. If you find out anything before me, let me know. Regards Dave

Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue and i posted a thread over a week ago. Stil haven't had any replies yet.
I am wondering whether the idle function may not work with an IVS preset. I was going to experiment with a tour between presets and see if this works.
Glad I'm not the only one, so hopefully between us we can try and work it out. If you find out anything before me, let me know. Regards Dave
I have since had some luck.. kinda. Not with idle motion however I have used task time to reset it back to "home" and this works

Dave Jnr

n3wb
Reaction score
This has done the Job.
Many thanks to Metal Monkey for offering up this solution. For anyone else who's having the problem of not getting the PTZ to return to a default preset with IVS rules in place, forget idle function if you are using a deep IVS rule on any of your presets.
Use the Time Task Action. Set the preset you want it to return to. Set the time you want before Time Task takes over, and ofcourse the days / hours you want it to be active.
Bear in mind, Time Task will overide the Tracking Time, so make sure you have sufficient duration for the IVS rule to do its thing.

Reaction score
This has done the Job.
Many thanks to Metal Monkey for offering up this solution. For anyone else who's having the problem of not getting the PTZ to return to a default preset with IVS rules in place, forget idle function if you are using a deep IVS rule on any of your presets.
Use the Time Task Action. Set the preset you want it to return to. Set the time you want before Time Task takes over, and ofcourse the days / hours you want it to be active.
Bear in mind, Time Task will overide the Tracking Time, so make sure you have sufficient duration for the IVS rule to do its thing.
Thanks. Yer like you I had many hours of frustration with it not working. However I had the advantage of the camera not yet installed and could play with it inside. But alas I cannot claim the task time fix. I read it somewhere else and tried it. But happy to share the love. Nothing worse than something not doing what it should.