Converter Recon + Car door checker

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
We got another one! Gave the plate to county Sheriff. They came and took a report and gave me a case #. He's interested because A we had a Plate #, and B we have good face shot. and a good pic of the vehicle.
Ya know @looney2ns I went thru all the trouble to export this footage for Law enforcement, and what does he do? He takes out his Iphone and takes greasy iPhone pics off my Screen ! Complete with room glare and everything! grrrr.....
@sebastiantombs , "He said wow thats a really clear picture,"LOL of the much hated ( Jivetech 2MP PTZ) the only thig usable from that cam was still shots, moving caused a bit of a blur. The Sheriff said they arrested a guy 2 days ago, that is suspected of $125-$150,000 in property damage stealing converters. My friends daughter had her Honda Pilot converter stolen Saturday night.

Screenshot 2021-11-01 134327.pngScreenshot 2021-11-01 134237.pngScreenshot 2021-11-01 134134.pngScreenshot 2021-11-01 134042.png

Last edited:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How did you present the video to them? If it was on a thumb drive, they should not accept it, because of malware. Of course most of the officers are not too tech savvy, so you need to help them find their way. Seems as though this camera/video/data stuff is still pretty new to them. During my recent incident, I uploaded video to Youtube, like you did and give them a URL link. I also printed out hardcopy facial pics, so they immediately had them. You can also email links to the State Atty office. Make sure to tell them to increase resolution viewing when they look at video, since most default to lower level res. Did not look like that guy did anything illegal from the video? Good luck!

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
he just took iphone pics of the Blue iris Screen, thats all he needed/wanted. Some times I've been asked to email the videos. We we are on private property. He was grabbing door handles, and climbing under the Subaru. He wasn't picking up trash. We have had 3 Converters cut out of cars here. I don't care that he didn't commit a crime, I'm just turning all suspicious behavior over to the Sheriff. Just creating a Case#.
Before I had the capability to read plates, they weren't interested in coming out to make a report. Now that i have better camera's with Plate #'s they're more willing to take a report.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Jealous of the light and angles you are able to get that most of us are not able to!

Not many are able to get clean pictures of car occupants in the day, much less night time and you got some great ones.

Lesson 101 - these cameras need light!

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
How did you present the video to them? If it was on a thumb drive, they should not accept it, because of malware. Of course most of the officers are not too tech savvy, so you need to help them find their way. Seems as though this camera/video/data stuff is still pretty new to them. During my recent incident, I uploaded video to Youtube, like you did and give them a URL link. I also printed out hardcopy facial pics, so they immediately had them. You can also email links to the State Atty office. Make sure to tell them to increase resolution viewing when they look at video, since most default to lower level res. Did not look like that guy did anything illegal from the video? Good luck!
Back in March of this year, I gave the local PD a copy of an accident on a USB thumb drive. The Community Service Officer who picked it up told me they had verify that video worked in the equipment in their vehicle before they were allowed to leave.

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Back in March of this year, I gave the local PD a copy of an accident on a USB thumb drive. The Community Service Officer who picked it up told me they had verify that video worked in the equipment in their vehicle before they were allowed to leave.
This sounds like they will end up with a virus on the car computer real quick.