Contact Detail Update

Reaction score
At some point, my main account has become FUBAR. The top of the page says attempts to email me have been unsuccessful. There's nothing in my email, spam, or trash. Updating the email does not help.
The bottom of every post page says insufficient privileges to post a reply.
I've used the contact link at the bottom of the page, but heard nothing back yet.
Has anybody else become insufficient? And how did you fix it?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At some point, my main account has become FUBAR. The top of the page says attempts to email me have been unsuccessful. There's nothing in my email, spam, or trash. Updating the email does not help.
The bottom of every post page says insufficient privileges to post a reply.
I've used the contact link at the bottom of the page, but heard nothing back yet.
Has anybody else become insufficient? And how did you fix it?
I don't know the fix, this happened to me, I had to change my email address...

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, it only took changing my email address two more times to get to a point the forum gods have been appeased again.

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another issue is that for anyone that created their account to IPCAM TALK using Facebook login credentials, FB decided to do some data usage update so almost every site that allowed people to use their FB credentials to register for a site can now not get in until the site does some update to that process. I am locked out of Vimeo for the time being also.

If you used FB to create your account to IPCAM Talk, I strongly encourage you to go to your settings and connect your email to your account so that you do not get locked out.

Nice move FB:banghead:

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So true! As soon as I get this all straightened out with the sites I go to, I am getting rid of FB.

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And the moral of the storey is DO NOT USE FACEBOOK to register and create accounts anywhere. The same applies for GOOGLE or any other social media platform.
So true! Hopefully @Mike can either get the Facebook login for IPCAM TALK working again or connect me to my account here created under FB and I will then be done with FB!