Confused about schedules and profiles

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using BI pretty minimally right now... .just 5 cameras with recording turned on for only one.

I'm using it in combination with a home automation setup (Vera) and setup geofencing to turn switch profiles through a vera scene when i come and go. I have no schedules setup, and the 'enable' box on the schedule tab is NOT checked.

Here's where i'm confused.

Often, when i leave, i can check my phone and see that the profile correctly set to 'away'. However, if i check again several hours later, there is no longer any profile selected. It's as if it resets at some point.

On the BI console, i'm a bit confused by the UI as well. There is a button for 'temp/hold/run' profile that will change colors, in addition to the 7 profile choices. I assume i want this to remain at 'hold' for whatever profile i select.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using BI pretty minimally right now... .just 5 cameras with recording turned on for only one.

I'm using it in combination with a home automation setup (Vera) and setup geofencing to turn switch profiles through a vera scene when i come and go. I have no schedules setup, and the 'enable' box on the schedule tab is NOT checked.

Here's where i'm confused.

Often, when i leave, i can check my phone and see that the profile correctly set to 'away'. However, if i check again several hours later, there is no longer any profile selected. It's as if it resets at some point.

On the BI console, i'm a bit confused by the UI as well. There is a button for 'temp/hold/run' profile that will change colors, in addition to the 7 profile choices. I assume i want this to remain at 'hold' for whatever profile i select.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
You are likely setting the geofence to temp instead of hold. Check your geofence settings.
Yes you want it on hold. Temp is just that, temp. The duration can be set per profile, in blue iris options>profiles, but its not what you are looking for. You want to select hold.

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are likely setting the geofence to temp instead of hold. Check your geofence settings.
Yes you want it on hold. Temp is just that, temp. The duration can be set per profile, in blue iris options>profiles, but its not what you are looking for. You want to select hold.
Ah.. so i seem the temp times (at 480) in the profiles tab. how do i set that to 'hold'? Just put in a really long time in minutes?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah.. so i seem the temp times (at 480) in the profiles tab. how do i set that to 'hold'? Just put in a really long time in minutes?
no, you dont need to adjust the temp times at all. Go to the geofence settings and set the to hold when you enter and exit. They are currently set to temp.

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok.. i get it.. except i'm not using your geofence stuff with my android phone, i'm using something called vera proximity with my home automation system. So when my phone comes within the fence, it kicks of a scene... in this case running some LUA code that changes the profile in BI. May sound silly, but i use it for other stuff as well in my HA system.

so two questions:

1. if i were to keep this setup... is there anyway to turn off the temp setting?
2. if i use 'your' geofence stuff... do i have to have the BI app running in the background at all times on my Android phone for the geofence to work?

thanks for all the quick response!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok.. i get it.. except i'm not using your geofence stuff with my android phone, i'm using something called vera proximity with my home automation system. So when my phone comes within the fence, it kicks of a scene... in this case running some LUA code that changes the profile in BI. May sound silly, but i use it for other stuff as well in my HA system.

so two questions:

1. if i were to keep this setup... is there anyway to turn off the temp setting?
2. if i use 'your' geofence stuff... do i have to have the BI app running in the background at all times on my Android phone for the geofence to work?

thanks for all the quick response!
You can legnthen the temp time as a workaround or that code must be modified to
/admin?profile=xTemporarily change the active profile to x. Use x=-1 to toggle the lock status.