Conflicting IP addresses

Rayoss232

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Every I'm a newcomer hear just looking for a bit of wisdom and to learn more about all things hardware-wise in the security world....which brings me to my first problem I have a 7616 Hikvision NVR which i have just replaced the router that connects to it and I am getting the message...."IPv4 addresses of device and internal NIC Conflict".....I am guessing i have to change one of the IP addresses but i have no clue where to start.....I'd love for someone to steer me in the right direction, thanks peeps..

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First I would change the ip addres on the NVR to something that probably hasn't been assigned by the DHCP of the router yet. So for example if you router is giving out 192.168.1.x addresses then set your NVR to 192.168.1.253 or you could just change your IP address on the NVR from static to DHCP. In theory that sould assign it an address that no other device on your network has. You may need to do this on all your devices on the network that you have set static IP addreses for. Once you have cleared the conflict start setting your devices to a static IP addresses one by one to an address that is not used. A simple ping to 192.168.1.x will tell you if something is on the end of it, if you don't get a reply you can assume that is one you can use.

There are other methods to fault find the above, I just went for an easy quick way.... There are tools you can download though.

Rayoss232

n3wb
Reaction score
First I would change the ip addres on the NVR to something that probably hasn't been assigned by the DHCP of the router yet. So for example if you router is giving out 192.168.1.x addresses then set your NVR to 192.168.1.253 or you could just change your IP address on the NVR from static to DHCP. In theory that sould assign it an address that no other device on your network has. You may need to do this on all your devices on the network that you have set static IP addreses for. Once you have cleared the conflict start setting your devices to a static IP addresses one by one to an address that is not used. A simple ping to 192.168.1.x will tell you if something is on the end of it, if you don't get a reply you can assume that is one you can use.

There are other methods to fault find the above, I just went for an easy quick way.... There are tools you can download though.
Cheers Cyberwolf.....I'll give it a crack but i really know very little about this so I'm flying Blind at the moment....thanx again !

Rayoss232

n3wb
Reaction score
Any idea what the "Internal NIC IPv4 Address" is ? is there a default or could it be anything ?