Conduit/Cable Run From House To Tuff Shed For Camera Installation

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here are two pictures from an install in August 2021 from my house to a Tuff Shed where two cameras were placed. I'll have to grab a camera and post some additional pictures at a later date to show the installation inside the Tuff Shed and outside the Tuff Shed. Belated thanks to all of the posters who provided lots of good information on this website that came in useful when I did my install at the time . . . although I ignored the part about burying the conduit down near the core of the planet. ;)

First picture: Some of the wiring that hasn't yet been pulled into the attic area of the house on its way to my office room.

Tuff Shed conduit trench for security camera installation -- 1 of 3 -- 07-12-21.JPG

Second picture -- Conduit to Tuff Shed which extends inside the building through a hole drilled through the cement floor. Whoops, part of my canvas hat that old people like to wear when spending time under the sun is clearly visible in the upper left corner of the picture.

Tuff Shed conduit trench for security camera installation -- 2 of 3 -- 07-12-21.JPG

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Two more pictures taken on November 22, 2023.

North outside wall of Tuff Shed.

North outside wall of Tuff Shed -- 11-22-23.JPG

North inside wall of Tuff Shed. The gray conduit runs up the inside wall of the Tuff Shed onto an upper storage area and over to where the two cable runs exit to be connected to the cameras. The August 2021 project went much smoother than I thought it would go.

North inside wall of Tuff Shed -- 11-22-23.JPG

Last edited:

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great install! Looking at the camera sun shields, are these commercially available? They almost look like modified garden hose hangers. I have used cut up 5 gallon buckets but they do not hold up to UV light well.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great install! Looking at the camera sun shields, are these commercially available? They almost look like modified garden hose hangers. I have used cut up 5 gallon buckets but they do not hold up to UV light well.
TonyR provided a great link to options. Pictures of the shields that I used are included in his link. The actual purchase was made on Amazon.com. Go to that website and type in
Universal Sun Rain Shade Camera Cover Shield for Nest/Ring/Arlo/Dome/Bullet Outdoor Camera Black and you'll see the same item offered by many sellers.

Depending on the time of the year, the rising sun hits the camera lens from the east on the left camera in my picture and the setting sun hits the camera lens from the west on the right camera. I do wish the shields were wider, but they still provide a lot of protection. I highly recommend using a shield of some sort if possible.