Complicated(?) Alerts and Trigger setup? Please help!

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all,

With the recent advancements of AI and integration to Blueiris... I am wanting to minimize the amount of alerts I am receiving.

Scenario: I have 3 cameras at the front of my house and often when a person walks through my trigger zones, more often than not all 3 cameras trigger and thus all three detect 'people'. I receive 3+ alerts for the same person.

What I want to do is, if camera1, camera2, camera3 all trigger and detect a person, I want only ONE of the cameras to send me an alert.. this would prevent me from being inundated with alerts, etc.

Is this possible? If so, what is the best way to set this up?

Note: this is purely for alert purposes. I still want the cameras to trigger and mention 'person', etc. in the alerts list.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I think it is probably easier to create different zones for your notifications instead of using the same zones are your general "alert" zones. These "notification" zones can be much more restrictive than your normal "alert" zone. Set the zones up so that the notifications areas don't overlap between camera views. The only purpose of these "notification" zones is to send the alert to you (via text or whatever method you are currently using). Turn off the notification method on the other "alert" zones.