Codeproject or deepstack

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
My deepstack is setup and runs great.. what are others opinions on which is better ds or codeproject

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many of us are still on Deepstack because it works great. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Many have said CodeProject is faster, but in my case if it goes from 100ms to 60ms, so what.

Many have had issues switching to CodeProject, while others have had no problems.

I would say only make the switch when you have enough time to troubleshoot and figure it out if it goes sideways.

I plan to remain on my version of BI (prior to when it switched to Codeproject) until a feature is added I really want or need.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Many of us are still on Deepstack because it works great. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Many have said CodeProject is faster, but in my case if it goes from 100ms to 60ms, so what.

Many have had issues switching to CodeProject, while others have had no problems.

I would say only make the switch when you have enough time to troubleshoot and figure it out if it goes sideways.

I plan to remain on my version of BI (prior to when it switched to Codeproject) until a feature is added I really want or need.
Thank you. Yea my deepstack is around 200ms with a low end gpu nvidia k620. So I guess I'll save myself the headache. Anyone have any screenshots of codeproject or does it look similar to ds? Thanks

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They say that SenseAI is ready for migration to their offering, but if you read the (super long) thread in this forum it just makes me want to wait until a few more revisions are released.
I just don’t want to be a beta adopter, too much else going on in my life.
However I am excited to make the move at some point as I do believe that SenseAI has a recognition and performance edge over DeepStack.
So I am thinking I will migrate over from DeepStack late spring of 23.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
how do unistall CodeProject? I want DeepStack back. I don't even know how It got swithced.

scubaxp

n3wb
Reaction score
how do unistall CodeProject? I want DeepStack back. I don't even know how It got swithced.
1. Go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall CodeProject.
2. Remove any associated CodeProject directories. c:\CodeProject, C:\Program Files\CodeProject , etc..
3. Download the latest DeepStack release [2022.01.1]
4. Install DeepStack.
5. Under your BlueIris settings, go into the AI Tab.
6. If running on the same server, set the IP address as 127.0.0.1 and the Port to 82.
7. You can validate that DeepStack is appropriately installed here by navigating to it in your webbrowser []
8. Still on the Settings/AI Tab, under the IP/PORT, change the AutoStart directory to DeepStack [C:\DeepStack]

This should be all you need. I am running BlueIris 5.6.5.9 and DeepStack.

Mc2472

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen. I went back to Deepstack tonight following the below directions. Everything works great again - Thanks

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where do I find the DS tutorial or setup? I think I have it running but with nothing to do. I mostly use triggered cameras and just hope to reduce the number of false triggers due to wind or shadows.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I never reinstalled DeepStack. I fiddled with CodeProjectAI and got it working somewhat. But I did quit using it on my AI cameras per suggestion on this site.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Where do I find the DS tutorial or setup? I think I have it running but with nothing to do. I mostly use triggered cameras and just hope to reduce the number of false triggers due to wind or shadows.
If you go on YouTube you should find videos on how to set it up.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you go on YouTube you should find videos on how to set it up.
Yes, I finally realized that this video is pretty good, except that the first 11 minutes are utter confusion.

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Deepstack was working for me with a few minor issues.

I recently updated to Codeproject , on two machines ow that the GPU support has been out for a bit.

I am pleased with how it is performing so far and my initial impression is that it is more accurate than deepstack.

rodezio

n3wb
Reaction score
is it the moment to move to codeproject ? is it stable ? will I have migration issue ?

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is it the moment to move to codeproject ? is it stable ? will I have migration issue ?
Honestly you will need to answer that for yourself depending on your own skills and desires.

I waited for a while myself, mostly to let the big bugs get ironed out and for codeproject to support GPU.

The move over was relatively painless and I feel that I am seeing improved performance but I am still playing with the settings.
Recently started using the ipcam-combined custom model and trying to other settings.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently update CPAI to 2.0.8 I think. The background remover is not starting. is this normal?

Last edited: