CodeProject AI not detecting person?

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using codeproject AI for my Dahua's cameras. It detects vehicles but somehow not detecting person. Any setting that I might have missed? Thanks.

1687209201289.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A screenshot of your field of view would be helpful to see if you are trying to do too much with a field of view.

Check the box "Save AI analysis details" so that you/we can see why it isn't detecting.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A screenshot of your field of view would be helpful to see if you are trying to do too much with a field of view.

Check the box "Save AI analysis details" so that you/we can see why it isn't detecting.
what is field of view?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We need to see what your camera sees.

Some people try to do too much with one camera vurw.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So is it missing people in front of the shrubs or after?

But regardless that is a tough field of view that probably isn't getting a whole body in the image to compare it to the photos used to develop the model.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So is it missing people in front of the shrubs or after?

But regardless that is a tough field of view that probably isn't getting a whole body in the image to compare it to the photos used to develop the model.
Both, this camera is Dahua IPC-Color4K-T180. Should I just use the IVS or AI of the camera and call it the day? Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would try the IVS of the camera and see if it accomplishes what you want. For many of us the Dahua AI is more than sufficient.

walleyefisher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you are using Dahua AI do you still send to CodeProject for analysis? I'm also curious if you are using CodeProject should you just setup SMD on all non-AI cameras and pass every alert to CP ? Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you are using Dahua AI do you still send to CodeProject for analysis? I'm also curious if you are using CodeProject should you just setup SMD on all non-AI cameras and pass every alert to CP ? Thanks
If you are using Dahua AI and don't need any other fancy stuff, then you do not need to use CodeProject for those cameas.

And then yes use CodeProject on any non AI cameras for which you want to do AI on. But don't do every camera. Only do the ones that you are getting alerts for.

walleyefisher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One more thing just to make sure I'm doing it right. Under global config I am using custom models. Do you also need to configure custom models under each camera?
1689651720347.png1689651792356.png