closed port issue for android monitoring

cibnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Nexxt ip wifi camera, it works fine in my local network, but i want to monitor my camera from outside my home. After opening the port in my router, I found with port checker that all ports are closed and also my ip asigned by my internet provider appears as blacklisted. The weird thing is i know another place with these same problems (ports and blacklist) but their camera is working fine when they watch on their android cell from outside network, can anyone help with this issue. thanks a lot.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well this is not really a Camera issue but a router issue, anyway, you said you opened the port on your router, but is the port translation pointing to the correct IP behind your router ?

Do your IPCAM have a static IP so you are sure the NAT target the correct internal IP ?

Which protocol are you using to get video streaming ? MJPEG, RTSP, other, on which port ?

Is the NAT'ed port the same ext/int or do you use different ports ?

Do you have other NAT that is working for other internal server ?

Is you public INternet IP used only by you or is it shared by your provider at same time for multiple customers (some providers do this so it do not permit any direct incoming connection.

The blacklist itself is not a real concern as it is usually for e-mail server protection to let them refuse incoming SMTP connection from blacklisted IPs.

cibnet

n3wb
Reaction score
I appreciate your help my friend, this is what i have, it is my home network, I have a Hitron router, a Nexxt wifi ip camera with static ip 192.168.1.47, in my router i port forwarded this ip and port 82 with tcp/udp. My service provider asigned me a static ip address, i always have that even if i turn off or reset my router. Internally i can see my camera on my android phone with wifi but if i go out of my house and press my ip public ip:port,, ip:82 i get nothing, i thought it was because my ip was blacklisted and my ports were closed but then i found other places with this same characteristics but they can see on their cameras from outside their networks. thanks a lot. Im located in Peru and my service provider is movistar telefonica.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Peru ? highlands ! may be one day i'll do long-hikes there :)

But are you sure your camera listening on port 82 ?

cibnet

n3wb
Reaction score
You are welcome anytime my friend. im sending my router pichitron.jpg nexxt.jpg

not sure about your question

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your screenshots look fine and your router's gateway is 192.168.1.1 as you set in camera right ?

cibnet

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, and my camera works fine in my network at home and a can see my cam on my cel in my house using wifi by typing 192.168.1.47 but if i close my cel wifi to start using my cel data anf type my public ip:82 i get nothing.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any chance your mobile provider closed outgoing traffic on port 82 ? sometime they close unusual ports and only allow 443/80 and a few other "standard" ports, just to test, try port 443 for example.

Last edited:

cibnet

n3wb
Reaction score
i dont think my mobile provider closed that port and the ip is the same i get in whats my ip page.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i dont think my mobile provider closed that port and the ip is the same i get in whats my ip page.
You know the graphical concept in computing inteface WYSIWYG "What You See Is What You Get" well there is also this one WYTINWYG "What You Think Is Not What You Get", so never "think" it may/should be, always work on proved facts ;-)

So you should really try other ports like the usual 443->82 and also some >1024 port like 10000->82 or the "well known" 8080->82 because there is no reason (seeing your screenshots) that it is not working (unless something else in your router block this incoming port).

But neverless depending the security/confidentiality level you need and how secure is your camera interface (also think that a lot have weak security allowing hackers to take control of your camera and use it as Botnet for DDoS or simply use it as a breach and try to hack other machines inside your network) you may also consider setting a VPN as proposed by @nayr but it's up to you.

Last edited:

cibnet

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, i have HFC hybrid fiber cable, to my hitron router comes a rg6 coax cable, thank you

Attachments