changing frame rates on wireless IP Cams

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On my system, i have 5 cameras.... 3 wireless. I have them all set to 10FPS in BI, as well as their own configuration apps.

However, i notice that they don't always seem to stream at that rate, if i watch them on Cameras tab of the Settings box.

and one of them is dropping down more than the other two.

Also, if it adds any insight... i have time stamp overlays on all of them. two are clicking off the seconds almost perfectly, but that same one that is dropping down more (sometimes down to 0.00 FPS) is skipping ahead in seconds frequently. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is the nature of Wireless.. your getting interference and/or running out of bandwidth.

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is the nature of Wireless.. your getting interference and/or running out of bandwidth.
I did wonder about that... but it worked great for the past month, and i haven't changed anything. Maybe something new in the general area that is interfering with it. Hmmmm.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it is, and you cant do anything about it really.. except run wires to your cameras or live with it.

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
sadly, tightening up my Router/AP antennas and move them a bit seems to have helped :)