Changing BI Storage Available

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a question on how much storage space is available to BI. Looking on the iPhone app it looks like BI is only assigned 31GB (9.73/31.0G) where as I have a whole 4TB WD Purple available. See the below screenshot. How do I change that 31GB to the full capacity of the E:\ drive?

BI_StorageSpace.jpg

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So just set as below:

New = 3.6TB
Stored = 3.6TB
Alerts = 3.6TB

Or do I need to split them up so they collectively add up to 3.6TB?

Currently it's

New = 10GB
Stored = 20GB
Alerts = 1GB

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to change it so that total storage does not exceed your storage limits or you will see an error in red...
See the help file..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman, what happens when it finally fills up then? Just rewrites over the oldest files?
yes..you should always leave some free space...10gig or so...but yes when the set limit is reached for the specific folder the file is deleted...you can even setup aux folders to allocate more storage for specific cameras and less for non crucial cams..

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes..you should always leave some free space...10gig or so...but yes when the set limit is reached for the specific folder the file is deleted...you can even setup aux folders to allocate more storage for specific cameras and less for non crucial cams..
Now is that in the General BI settings or the BI Camera Properties? I've seen the helpfile on it and about specifying folders for each camera but i'm confused on the allocation part.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Now is that in the General BI settings or the BI Camera Properties? I've seen the helpfile on it and about specifying folders for each camera but i'm confused on the allocation part.
you set the folders in clips and archiving..then in each cameras record tab you specify the recording folder..