Car Door Checker Pulling Up In His Car

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This is from awhile back. I have since relocated this camera for a better frontal view of cars pulling up across the street for a better chance to get a license plate number. Also I have since upgraded the camera. Notice that he puts on gloves and later a knit cap. He also avoided my house.

This video is of him coming back to the car with two backpacks full of loot. This is about an hour later. Again the actual video is much clearer. There seems to be a loss of quality when uploading to YouTube.

Last edited:

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Parley, Nicely done. Excellent placement of your camera for dual purpose (backyard as well as street). Must be incredible resolution because even after the youtube loss of quality, it's still damn sharp. To your knowledge, have the Police benefited from this footage?

Again, excellent tactical deployment of your equipment.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I gave it to the local police department but they were mainly interested in a license plate number. The Sheriff lady is going to see what they can do with it. I think the Sheriff's department has better equipment. I also have a video of him entering into a car and rummaging through it. The police wanted to see an actual crime taking place with the clown.

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What cameras were those and did you have external IR? Those look quite well lighted. Maybe its just the street lighting providing enough light there.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Street lamp close by. I have the IR disabled. This camera is a Hikvision DS-2CD2025FWD-I either 4 or 6mm. I have these in my back yard and I really like them for the money. I replaced this particular one with a Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z 7-35mm varifocal. I wanted to be able to get the exact license plate detail I wanted and also with good night vision. I may replace it with a Hikvision IPC-HFW8232E-Z 2MP Starlight as I have one in the front of the house that is really good for license plate detail. It is the camera in my other thread "another car door checker".