Can't View ALL Playback on gDMSS Plus or EasyViewer Pro - Only 1 Hour Block??

keramics

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm still getting my feet wet with all the facets of the new cams I installed. It's been frustrating, to say the least. I definitely thought they would be more plug and play and that the software (both on NVR and on phone) would be more intuitive. I'm hoping you guys can help me at least figure this next hurdle I've run into since I'm heading away for the holidays and want to watch footage on my phone if needed.

When I'm viewing my cameras via my phone app (I've tried with both gDMSS and EasyViewer), the cameras thankfully show up. However, when I try to view old footage, I'm only given a 1-hour segment of time. For example, in the screenshot, I went to view playback at 4:30PM Eastern and all I'm getting is footage as far back as 3:30PM. Obviously if something bad happens and I'm more than an hour late, I won't be able to see what was going on. Oddly enough, if I go back to yesterday's footage, all 24 hours of footage will load and I can browse that. But the present day's footage is only 1 hour back. Seems like a really weird setting to have.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Also, while we're on the subject, is there a way to see motion events specifically in the playback? On the NVR itself I can at least see the little yellow Motion Detect segments that are different from the General recording.

I feel like I'm going crazy trying to sort this all out. My eufy cams have such a simple interface where I can set up motion detection zones easily, go to old recordings and have it all load, and skip through events. I'm still trying to sort out the whole Motion Detection/Tripwire thing on the Dahuas and the wiki is somewhat helpful but honestly Youtube has been the best resource so far.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

keramics

n3wb
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of that might be causing this to happen is (via my NVR GUI) under Storage > Basic > Create Video Files, I have the time length set to 60 minutes. If I should adjust this to 1440 minutes (24 hours), let me know. Not sure what the pros and cons would be for such a large Time Length setting.

Nevermind, it won't let me change it from 60 minutes to anything else.

Last edited: