Cant think

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We have had 2 burn piles now since we moved here 4 months ago. Our burn ban was lifted about a month ago. I sit out and feed them and just watch the flames. Extremely relaxing...

I kinda put too much our first burn which we started early that morning, our pile burned for 2 days, well smoldered the whole next day. I could not sleep well that night, haha, kept getting up to check.

Enjoy

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Who doesn't love a good fire?

On my visits back to Toronto, a friend and I always have a nice, little fire. Well, not always little but it's great time. He lives in the city and has a half acre which backs onto a city park the smoke doesn't really bother anyone. We keep some hotdogs on hand in case the fire department comes by to make sure that we're using it for cooking.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
One of my fire pits, which is where this picture was taken, is several acres back in my woods, at my off grid cabin site. I don't get back there as often as I would like to. Tonight was the exception. I got 5 days off at Thanksgiving. I will be back there for at least 2 nights, reconnecting to peace and quiet, not thinking about a damn thing and just keeping the camp fire burning. No TV's, no internet, no phones, no running water. Got a queen size bed, a big covered porch and a heater. I'll pack in the food, drinking water, drinking libations, some cigars, a camera, a rifle and a radio. People pay $1000.00's of dollars for a couple of night s of peace and quiet like this. I took 1 years vacation money and built it back in 2014. Don't need to visit a tourist trap.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The wife and I entertained several times thru the years of getting a RV and hitting the camping sites. We talked about it again when we moved here, laugher broke out since we live in/at a campsite year round...actually better, no other people. You cannot see our house from the County Road, we are set back about 6 acres of non cleared forest from the road with the last 4 areas partially cleared back to our 1/2 area pond. The property we bought has a 9 foot deep pool and pool house (full bathroom with shower/kitchen with Refrig., sink and bar, hot water too), even has an outdoor shower which I use alot, just did yesterday, it was in the low 70s.

This is our retirement paradise. We love it here. Our phones are filled with deer pics/videos...

Enjoy your time off...

Edit: Here is a video of our backyard...
View attachment Backyard.mp4

Last edited: