Can't send audio TO Amcrest cameras after upgrade to V5

cahiatt

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been running V3 then V4 for years without issue. I finally upgraded to V5 and lost the ability to send audio to my Amcrest cameras using the Android app.

The mic icon is grayed out and cannot be selected. I can hear audio fine. I've tried all Amcrest profiles and nothing corrects this.

Anyone run into similar?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is what works for my Amcrest:

1669074211259.png

Where mainstream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

and substream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=1&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

cahiatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Didn't work. These are old IP2m-841B. Made sure firmware was current. Tried yours and a lot of other camera configs. Mic option is grayed out on Android app. Everything else works perfectly.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Audio doesn't follow onvif protocol and rarely works with find/inspect and you have to usually pick one of the preconfigured.

What firmware are you running on the 841? Many here have that camera and the settings I provided works for that camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you able to do two-way talk with both settings in the BI app?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I havent tried.....that scenario....no Mic at the console.....i can hear the boiler room audio on either config

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the audio of listening to the camera mic works with find/inspect, but it is the two way talk the OP wants and that is only had by using a pre-configured setting....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also make sure that you have the latest BI phone app and that you have given the app permission to use the mic - my phone updated and removed that permission....

cahiatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Also make sure that you have the latest BI phone app and that you have given the app permission to use the mic - my phone updated and removed that permission....

That was it. Mo$%^$ F^%&%er. Thank you!

Wierd how it worked before upgrading from V4 to V5. Can only guess it was a literal overlap on the phone app updating and losing that permission the same day I got around to upgrading the server software.