Can't find camera in my PC

howiegood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got the Loryta IPCT3241T-ZAS from Empiretech Andy.
I plug it into a TP Link TL-SF1008P switch with 4 port Poe.
Then from a non-Poe port on the switch to a TP Link AC1750 router that is connected to a Dell Optiplex 9020 i7-4790.
I am trying to find the camera with the browser, but not able to.

In the router settings the computer ip address shows xxx.xxx.0.xxx
The default ip address for the camera supposedly is xxx.xxx.1.xxx
In the camera brochure there’s a note that stated: Device initialization is available only when the ip addresses of the device and the PC stay in the same network segment.
Does this mean that both PC and camera should show a one or zero in same segment?
And since I can’t access the camera I would have to change the PC address segment from “0” to “1”.
And if I do this, would not I disrupt other devices like my laptop, Obi200, etc, that also have a “0” in that segment? I will have to redo all the IP addresses. I’m not sure this make sense, I need some help.

Howie

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your internal IP address (LAN) is probably different than the default IP address of the Dahua OEM cams. The default IP address for Dahua cams is 192.168.1.108.

The easiest way is to take a laptop (if it has an ethernet port) or a tower and turn off wifi and connect the camera cable to the laptop (obviously you need power so if it is on a POE switch then connect a cable from the switch to the computer).

Then go into ethernet settings and manually change the IP address of the laptop to 192.168.1.100.

Then go to a browser and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Then change the camera to the IP address range of your home network, but have the last digits something not already assigned.

Then go back into ethernet settings and change the computer IP address back to what it was previously (probably DHCP)

Then replug in everything like it was and proceed from there.

Or download Dahua toolbox and run the batch config tool where you can Initialize the camera and change it's IP, but most of us do what I mentioned.

And you can list the private LAN IP addresses as it does not tell anyone anything - they are the same as everyone else. The IP address of your service provider for your WAN is what you don't provide...Everything on the inside past the modem is fine to put out. Everything on the inside, the local will fall under these ranges and you are not telling anyone anything about how to hack your system providing these ranges (basically any IP that starts out 10. or 172. or 192. are reserved for the "home side" of the service so every home internally will be within this same range):

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Additionally, you want the PC plugged in to the PoE switch and not the router. You can then plug the PoE switch into the router. By plugging the PoE switch and the PC into the router you are forcing all the traffic from the camera(s) through the router. ISP routers are seriously lacking in bandwidth capability. By having the PC and camera(s) connected to the same switch all camera traffic remains on that switch.

howiegood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I followed what wittaj said, but it will not allow me to save. See snip of screen. Am I suppose to fill in all the boxes, if so, where do I get the information to enter?
DHCPpic.JPG

DHCPpic.JPG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to network, then Change Adapter settings, then select the Network shown for your ethernet port and then Rightclick and select Properties, then go to IPv4 and select properties and then change it there.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Open a command prompt and type ipconfig.
Make a note of the IP address of your network adapter, typically 192.168.x.x
Make a note of the gateway address

Open Control Panel and click on Network and Internet.
Click on View netowrk status and tasks.
Click on Change adapter settings (second selection from the top on the left).
Right click on the active network adapter.
Click on Properties.
Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), then click on properties.
Make a note of the Subnet mask.
Make a note of the Default Gateway address.
Make a note of the Preferred and Alternate DNS server addresses.
Click on Use the following IP address.
Enter the IP address that you noted when you ran iconfig.
Enter the Subnet mask you noted above.
Enter the Default gateway address you noted above.
Enter the Preferred DNS server address you noted above.
Enter the Alternate DNS server address you noted above.
Click on Advanced on the lower right.

Click on Add under the IP addess pane.
Add the IP address 192.168.1.5
Enter a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
Click OK on the bottom right and the window will close.
Click OK on the bottom right of the remaining window.
Click Close on the remaining window.

Bring up a command prompt and type ipconfig again.
Verify that your machine now has two IP addresses, the one it had originally, and the 192.168.1.5 address that was added.

Close control panel and the command prompt window.

Bring up Internet Explorer by typing explorer in the search box of Windows.
In the address bar of Internet Explorer enter 192.168.1.108 and hit enter.
The intial configuration of your camera will appear. Just follow the prompts to se the basic configuration.
A login screen will appear. Login using the user name admin and the password that you set in the step above.
The web GUI of the camera will open and you can set every parameter of the camera using it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is much easier to install Dahua's IPConfig Tool. Then Third Icon from the left, in the upper right hand corner, click it and read the instructions on how to set it up correctly for a scan.
Then change the cams IP to the same range as your network.
1626394960650.png

Last edited:

howiegood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got it! I finally figured it out. With all the good information I gathered from you guys, I still was unable to find the required inputs. Because, the laptop came with "Obtain an IP address automatically" option selected, and all the input fields were blank. See pic below. But I was able to figure out the digits required in each box by perusing through your replies
I also hooked up the PC, switch, router in the order you suggested.
So far, I can see the camera. Now to get it working in BI version 5. Wish me good luck

Thanks.
Howie :)

ipaddress.JPG

Last edited: