Can't draw in a profile.

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
I had two profiles set up, Daytime, Night time and all was good. Somehow lost my profiles when creating a third, they all went to solid green. Now when I select Profile #1 Daytime to try and draw in it, nothing happens. I can drag the pencil all around and nothing changes but solid green. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,
John

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had two profiles set up, Daytime, Night time and all was good. Somehow lost my profiles when creating a third, they all went to solid green. Now when I select Profile #1 Daytime to try and draw in it, nothing happens. I can drag the pencil all around and nothing changes but solid green. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,
John
Welcome to the forum. Can you change other camera settings?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Profile #1 is already green in color. If the schedule is already green and you are trying to draw green, then it will stay green. If you want to add other profiles to the current schedule, first choose the profile you would like to draw using the drop down list under the schedule, then draw in the times you want for the selected profile.

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all for your quick response. As I was typing this response the light bulb went on in my head and I realized what I was doing wrong, so I've gotten the profiles back to where they were. I can see the utility of the profiles, but I have a difficult time understanding them. If I wanted to make a third schedule for Vacation that would overlap some of the times in other profiles, I'm assuming I would create the schedule and then not have the camera active in that profile until I needed it?

Otherwise I'm impressed with the Blue Iris software, so far I have two LaView LV-PC902F2 and I Foscam. I'll be adding one more camera to round out my set up. I bought the LaView's on Fenderman's recommendation from another thread and I'm very impressed with it's night capabilities. I'm using a generic Hikvision profile with the LaView, although they all seem to work, do you know if one offers something better than the others?

Thanks for your time.
John

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your quick response. As I was typing this response the light bulb went on in my head and I realized what I was doing wrong, so I've gotten the profiles back to where they were. I can see the utility of the profiles, but I have a difficult time understanding them. If I wanted to make a third schedule for Vacation that would overlap some of the times in other profiles, I'm assuming I would create the schedule and then not have the camera active in that profile until I needed it?

Otherwise I'm impressed with the Blue Iris software, so far I have two LaView LV-PC902F2 and I Foscam. I'll be adding one more camera to round out my set up. I bought the LaView's on Fenderman's recommendation from another thread and I'm very impressed with it's night capabilities. I'm using a generic Hikvision profile with the LaView, although they all seem to work, do you know if one offers something better than the others?

Thanks for your time.
John
Both hikvision/laview profiles will work the same...
If you create a vacation profile, you would manually be setting it when you go on vacation....if you wanted something more complex like various profiles specific for vacation, like vacation day, vacation night, then you could simply set a new preset..then use that preset when you go on vacation.