Cannot get Gmail to work on LTS nvr.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can't get it to work for nothing. I've tried gmail and yahoo and get the same, failed to send test email check the parameters or network status.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will check it this week. I have to go back. Other problem I had was when I try to log into cameras from nvr. When I click the camera link, Internet Explorer opens another page, takes me to the camera log in, then page changes and says cannot go to that page. This install had just been weird.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will check it this week. I have to go back. Other problem I had was when I try to log into cameras from nvr. When I click the camera link, Internet Explorer opens another page, takes me to the camera log in, then page changes and says cannot go to that page. This install had just been weird.
Maybe IE is the default browser, should change it to FF.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I cannot as I am not at clients anymore.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Stick with it, my first time configuring gmail on an LTS took a few days, then bam, I found the setting causing the issue and it was on the gmail side. I personally have/manage 6 LTS NVRs in my personal home, my businesses buildings, and a few family members homes. All work spot on with email alarms and attached images. Don't give up, it's not the hardware, just a silly setting your not finding.

Below are working configurations - if you match and can't get working double and triple check your Gmail account.

Screenshot_2016-02-17-07-03-50.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think you can adjust the email setting remotely as long as you port forwarded the machine (but i guess you have to go here :( )

I ran into this too, from my experience gmail is just picky even if you put in the pw info wrong once it thinks someone is trying to hack it then will keep giving you 'Testing fail (figured this out when using someone else's gmail didn't work, but using my own gmail works) making a new gmail and logging in carefully should work.

rustbelt

n3wb
Reaction score
The whole port forwarding is super easy to do on you router, Take the make say ASUS router and head to youtube and search for port forward videos someone probably has a video for your router, then use this place to check that your router is forwarding the port.
http://portchecker.co/

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your help. I finally got email working. I was forced to create an entirely new Gmail just for nvr notifications.