can you recommend dahua NVR ?

mpl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

im at the moment on blueiris with 5 Cams(2 Dahua, 3 non dahua(ONVIF) and 3 Coral TPUs on Codeproject AI.

Im not Happy with Blueiris and CP:AI. Detection is Slow and inaccurate I want Change my system.

I use only the following technologies: Face Detection, Face Recognition, Object Detection.

More Technolgies are nice to have :)

I want change to Andys NVR8CH-AI. What do you thing about this NVR? Is the Dahua AI good? On youtube looks the promotion videos from dahua good, but is it really like the promotion?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Its (Dahua's latest AI) pretty good. Face detection and recognition is very scene dependent. I had FD working well at my home with a newish 5442 ASE fixed turret. Didnt have/try FR

I don't think you'll find it will play as well with non Dahua cameras though.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind using the AI of the NVR will limit its capabilities and you can't run it every channel.

Drop Coral as many have not had success with it. Stick with the CPU version.

If your cameras have AI capabilities, much better to use the cameras built in AI than taxing and limiting capacity of the NVR.

What specific models do you have?

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Keep in mind using the AI of the NVR will limit its capabilities and you can't run it every channel.

Drop Coral as many have not had success with it. Stick with the CPU version.

If your cameras have AI capabilities, much better yo use the cameras built in AI than taxing and limiting capacity of the NVR.

What specific models do you have?

THIS
You lose almost 12/ of the incoming bandwidth capability when you run AI on the recorder...

mpl

n3wb
Reaction score
My cams:

entrance:
Andy IPC-T5442TM-AS 3.6mm, has some AI
Need: FD,OD. Nice to have: ALPR

Door:
Dallmeier DDF4220HDV, Only ONVIF
Need FD, OB

Garden:
Dahua IPC-HDW2831TM-AS-S2, has only IVS?
Need: FD, OD

Roof:
Ctronics 1080P cam
Need: nothing, only video. "Wheater cam"

cellar:
Reolink 5MP Super HD
Need: nothing, only video. Heating Room"

My entrance cam has enought KI integrated i thing. My Door cam can be changed to a new one, but i cant find a fitting cam. My Gardencam is stupid and need NVR AI. Root and Cellar doenst need AI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
3.6mm camera won't cut it for ALPR

Do you want actual Face Recognition that you can put names to faces or Facial Detection that simply looks for facial dimensions to trigger?

The 5442 has AI.

What computer are you using? As I said many have found Coral sucks for CodeProject. With only a few cameras, the CPU will probably be more than adequate.

But keep in mind that field of view is everything and maybe some of the poor performance is more field of view related trying to do too much than it is AI failing you.

Post some images from the cams and what your goal is and we can probably tell.

mpl

n3wb
Reaction score
Here i want FD, OB, ALPR

1711748855616.png

Here: FD,OB. But i Thing FD is enough, Normaly only People should stay in front of the door.

1711748990355.png

Garden: not ready.

mpl

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you want actual Face Recognition that you can put names to faces or Facial Detection that simply looks for facial dimensions to trigger?
Name to Faces. Works with CP:AI atm.

What computer are you using? As I said many have found Coral sucks for CodeProject. With only a few cameras, the CPU will probably be more than adequate.
2x intel-nuc-kit-nuc8i3beh. One With BI and one Coral on CP:AI and second as Homeserver with CP:AI and dual Edge TPU. Works together as Mesh

But keep in mind that field of view is everything and maybe some of the poor performance is more field of view related trying to do too much than it is AI failing you.
My Field of view on the entrance is good i thing, the cam is 2,2m over he ground. Door the same.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do have plates the size of bumper, so you may get some, but that is too wide of an angle and too far to reliably get.

The 2nd view is too high for reasonable facial recognition.