Can no longer access BI from a web browser

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running v 5.6.1.3 of BI from Sept, 2022. If I upgrade to any newer version, I can no longer access my cameras from the web server. I've tried several versions. THe error message is attached.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The error message seems to be coming from UI3. The ip address change in BI for the cameras would not have this effect.
Makes sense.
Having never had or seen that error, I was puzzled why the "camera list is empty" and tied that to the MAC address issue (which I haven't seen either).
I'm still on 5.4.7.11 from 6/11/21 and it just purrs right along, abeit without many new feartures......an no hiccups.

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would check to see if Blue Iris is installing the latest version of UI3.
With version 5.6.1.3 installed, the UI3 "about" menu indicates the same version. When I update to the latest stable version (5.6.6.1), I can't check the UI3 version in the browser, but in the "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\www\ui3" folder, the 2 latest files are ui3.js and ui3.css, dated 11/29/22 and11/19/22 respectively.

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"Camera list is empty" means that when UI3 asked Blue Iris for the camera list, Blue Iris sent back an empty list.

Check the permissions for your Blue Iris users, I bet they got screwed up somehow.
If that was the case, I wouldn't think it would work with the older version of BI.

Here's the user properties for the user logging into UI3:

bert

Attachments

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
That's great. I actually use that option to limit the number of cameras my wife sees when she logs in. Once I saw you had that box checked, I had a funny feeling that was it.

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's great. I actually use that option to limit the number of cameras my wife sees when she logs in. Once I saw you had that box checked, I had a funny feeling that was it.
I never noticed that option before - I'm guessing it's a new option as I didn't have any issues with the September, 2022 version I was running, but upgrading to a newer version must have automatically enabled that with no cameras selected.

Thanks!
bert

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
The grouping of cameras happens on a per camera basis. So you might want to make sure you aren't putting in here:

1672070288823.png

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Only if you want to group them. I do - for example, I have them grouped by front, back etc. so I can pick a view in UI3 which shows me just the front or back cameras. That checkbox you unchecked earlier lets you take it a step further by limiting camera groups by user. If you create groups and leave that box unchecked, all users can see all groups. I use it with my wife's account to actually mask some cameras from her because like rabbits, they multiply and she felt there were just too many for her :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I never noticed that option before - I'm guessing it's a new option as I didn't have any issues with the September, 2022 version I was running, but upgrading to a newer version must have automatically enabled that with no cameras selected.

Thanks!
bert
The option has been around forever. Likely either a BI update accidentally changed the setting, or changed the behavior when the box is checked but no groups are selected.