Can anyone tell me where to look for DS-2CD7264FWD-EIZ firmware?

nausr

n3wb
Reaction score
I've taken over a network with about 30 Hikvision cameras. I successfully updated all of them today to 5.4.5 except for 2 DS-2CD7264FWD-EIZ, which are running 5.2.0 build 140721.

I can't seem to find these devices online. I don't see anything about them on Hikvisions website, or the firmware websites. 2CD7xx doesn't seem to exist on any of those lists.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are fortunate you didn't brick any of them!

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain Dahua PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1634160599776.png

Perhaps your lone camera is a hacked into English camera and that is why you cannot find it?

nausr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I started upgrading them due to incompatibilities with Exacqvision. Our axis cameras work fine right now, but the motion detection on the hikvisions wouldn't work. I'm hoping that with newer firmware, it will begin working again.