Cameras with good integrated microphones

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My family knows a guy who had an old CCTV system installed decades ago using analog cameras that used phone lines, signal amplifiers and such, but all the equipment is so outdated and broken that it is basically trash now.

We might replace his system with IP cams. Unlike most systems, this guy's primary concern is good audio, and the video really doesn't matter. Simpler is better. The cameras are intended to be fairly portable (connected to long cables) so compact PoE cameras with integrated microphones are ideal. I just am not sure if there are any cameras that do a significantly better job with audio compared to others. I know from experience that the old dahua 2mp starlight bullets turrets with integrated mics do a pretty decent job. But the audio was never my primary focus before.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I used an external mic for my gate.
The link to it is no longer active, but it's close to this one. It has a gain control and a decent AGC.
I mounted it inside an enclosure to make it a little more directional and shed water.
It would be worth picking one up and try it.

Reaction score
I can't say if one is better than another, but I get good audio on my Dahua HDBW4231FP-AS minidomes at my front door. Also the audio on the T5442TM-AS on my porch and the one in my driveway is good.

Heck even my two Dahua T2431T-AS picks up conversation between my wife and I as we get into the car. Can understand it just fine. See attached.