Cameras & location setup before i order

Tesla44

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
So i did my searches and read the documents which was very helpful and i am really glad that i found this community and i would like to thank you all in advance for all the information and efforts.
so we just bought this house in Japan which is surrounded by and exterior wall with a an entrance and a garage gate, the main area i would like to cover is actually the outside of this wall, sometimes we wake up to find the main gate open and sometimes we find cans left on the walkways beside the wall outside, it is very safe here but its better to cover the whole area, so i did this plan with all the camera positions and models located, i would really appreciate it if you give me your opinion before i order, also i still don't know the best NVR that goes with this setup. i thought maybe i will start with the cameras in red, and then in the future i will get the ones in magenta.
also i am thinking to attach a pole to the wall on both corners (cam 01,02) to install the cameras but am not sure with accessories if this is the right way or there is any other recommendations!?

Thanks again.
simple-layout-Model-SEC-02.jpg 20180920_140328.jpg HOUSE-GOOGLE-IMAGE.JPG

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,..
Welcome @Tesla44

Looks like a good logical plan.

Does the mailman leave packages at the foot of your front door in Japan? ( like they do in the USA, package delivery often drops packages at the foot of the door ).

If so, plan to get 2 cameras or the dual lens camera ( see Looney2ns reviews ) for the front door.

In the USA we have a lot of problems with car "door checkers" - thieves looking for unlocked car doors. So I like to have 2 cameras covering my parked cars on the driveway.

For NVR - I like the Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 or a PC w/Blue Iris + POE switch.

I know in Japan your space maybe limited, so you'll need to decide where is a good spot to locate the equipment. ( the NVR fans make noise so do not place close to a room where people sleep )

Consider buying just one camera at first to test out your layout.

Last edited:

Tesla44

n3wb
Reaction score
@mat200 Thanks,

Yea i always wondered why in the US they deliver the package and just leave it on the floor! its really weird, here if you are not at home they will leave you a paper with a number you can call them and they will come back again, they are very efficient about deliveries here that Amazon prime doesn't make sense anymore
because you always get the package within two days if not the next day :D

so we have a mailbox on the main gate, and we have a Panasonic system with camera and intercom there not on the front door of the house,it doesn't record though, people are not even allowed to pass the gate into the front door without permission.

it is really safe here, that i am the only one in our area to think about installing cameras, but i there is a lot of really old people here and sometimes they do weird things, so its just for the protection when my wife and kids are alone at home.

nut i will check the camera and NVR you mentioned, thanks a lot for the reply!

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
This is just my opinion but I would get one camera and if you have a PC download the demo of Blue Iris and try that. Honestly, I could never use an nvr after having BI..

Tesla44

n3wb
Reaction score
@Cameraguy hmm, i will think about that, but this means i have to setup a dedicated PC for that right!? cpu and monitor,i am worried about space and electricity!
i was thinking using an NVR and connect it to tv, or just use the tablet. thank you .

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
@Cameraguy hmm, i will think about that, but this means i have to setup a dedicated PC for that right!? cpu and monitor,i am worried about space and electricity!
i was thinking using an NVR and connect it to tv, or just use the tablet. thank you .
Yes.. you have to do what's best for you.