Camera will not go back into Blue Iris main window

Reaction score
Hey Folks

Brand new to Blue Iris so probably a beginner User error type of question :

First off I love the Blue Iris software as it is fantastic to work with and fits the bill for a lot of my camera Customers !

Installed Blue Iris about 2 months ago at one of my Customers and have 33 Grandstream cameras installed .

Everything was fine until Friday when I noticed 2 cameras off line .

Working today to restore 2 cameras at a Customer site , I found a cable issue on both and resolved them .

However , I noticed one of the cameras not associated with the ones that needed to be fixed , actually sitting on the Local Blue Iris Server desktop .
After numerous attempts to put the camera back into the Blue Iris window , I have tried everything that I know but the camera sits on the desktop !

It shows up via the web program as a camera ! I logged into the web app live view but it does not show up here , but found it listed under the Full Camera List tab - Top right list 3 dots - but not on the main window !

No idea how the camera window got on the desktop but need to put it back into the Blue Iris window ! Been searching the forums etc. on Blue Iris and here but unable to find a solution !

Looking at documentation in more detail but still unable to find a solution as well

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thx

Regards

Rich

Reaction score
Right click on the picture that is on the desktop, and click "open in desktop frame" in the menu that pops up to remove the check mark.
Someone dragged it to the desktop, or inadvertently clicked on that menu.
Hi Looney2ns !

Thank You for the reply !

First Blue Iris installation , it went fantastic so far and Our Customer loves it , as we learned real quick and love this software !

I'll get access via Teamviewer and test it out !

Appreciate the help and I'm glad I joined this forum as I have found some great info !

Thx

Regards

Rich

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know this is an old topic but thanks for it being in the archive, it helped me out tonight as I somehow detached a camera to the desktop and could not for the life of me figure it out..
Thanks looney2ns

PtolemyIV

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an issue where a camera was in a separate frame but on a different monitor and I had to disconnect that monitor.. whilst the main blue iris window opens in the main monitor this specific camera does not appear at all on the desktop so I cannot right click to bring it out of its own frame... is there no way to do this from the main blue iris UI? I do feel like a single page to see all camera settings would be much more intuitive.. this whole editing the layout button and right clicking on specific cameras to e.g. show all hidden cameras doesn't make sense logically

Edit: Only way I could figure it out was to shut down the whole blue iris service and re-run