Camera Trigger Sprinkler System?

Caveman81

n3wb
Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but I believe you can achieve this (using Amazon as the middleman) through Home Assistance if you find more info on your cameras.

I started with a couple of the motion activated sprinklers and they we’re hit and miss. In my case, it seemed like the rabbits adapted and would stay out of the spray pattern and motion field.

I would also forget to turn them off sometimes and get hit by them . I eventually spliced a sonoff into them and had them turn off at certain times.

They may work in your case, but it might be more enjoyable to build something and see it in action

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toughbook

n3wb
Reaction score
This is nice too.

Like that, would love something like that, hell even a concrete block propped up above and trip wire would give me immense satisfaction.

Here's the paintball mines and electronic firecracker. I think a firecracker in a trash can would scare the sh!t out of him, have to think he's amped up and jittery as it is about to steal something, a loud shot gun blast ear or waist height would sure give anyone sane a heart attack at 4 in the morning

Crackers

this site has the right idea, treasure trove of fun things:

Reaction score
Like that, would love something like that, hell even a concrete block propped up above and trip wire would give me immense satisfaction.

Here's the paintball mines and electronic firecracker. I think a firecracker in a trash can would scare the sh!t out of him, have to think he's amped up and jittery as it is about to steal something, a loud shot gun blast ear or waist height would sure give anyone sane a heart attack at 4 in the morning

Crackers

this site has the right idea, treasure trove of fun things:

What ever you decide please post it!

toughbook

n3wb
Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but I believe you can achieve this (using Amazon as the middleman) through Home Assistance if you find more info on your cameras.

I started with a couple of the motion activated sprinklers and they we’re hit and miss. In my case, it seemed like the rabbits adapted and would stay out of the spray pattern and motion field.

I would also forget to turn them off sometimes and get hit by them . I eventually spliced a sonoff into them and had them turn off at certain times.

They may work in your case, but it might be more enjoyable to build something and see it in action

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's my main concern, forgetting I have something in place. I even started on simple sewing needles cut down and affixed to an ice cream stick to be fitted behind the door handle of the vehicle. Be one really really nasty surprise for anyone including me!

Reaction score
Blue Iris -> Home Assistant/Node-Red home automation (free..btw )-> WiFi sprinkler system = winner!
I'll be looking into this as well, just for giggles as I do not have a door knocker issue but will be good practice for learning.
I have Blue Iris.
I have Home Assistant / Node - Red though in my learning and experience infancy.
I have a new-in-box RainMachine Wifi Pro-8 controller (won at local auction for $20) but not yet installed. In the middle of landscaping project.

toughbook

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris -> Home Assistant/Node-Red home automation (free..btw )-> WiFi sprinkler system = winner!
I'll be looking into this as well, just for giggles as I do not have a door knocker issue but will be good practice for learning.
I have Blue Iris.
I have Home Assistant / Node - Red though in my learning and experience infancy.
I have a new-in-box RainMachine Wifi Pro-8 controller (won at local auction for $20) but not yet installed. In the middle of landscaping project.

Very interesting thanks. Good to hash it all out here for someone in the future looking for ideas and clues etc. Stupidly as I type all of this sitting right in front of me on the book mark bar is alexa.amazon.com whole web interface for alexa with all its settings and customization. My preferred software can upload a sound file as described above as well as excute commands. So right now everything is on the PC I use to record the camera. The tie-in gap is narrowing as we speak. Just a matter of time I think.